Anyone signed up with more than one IMO? Is this common?

It's better to question that not to. And stay away from FB and YouTube. Plenty of guys and gals on here that can answer your questions.

Feel free to ask and good luck.
Yes, I'm not using FB or YouTube to look for answers.

Is there anything that I should look out for when signing a contract with an IMO? Red flags?

Just depends on what you want to do. It's not uncommon for drifters to have several IMO's. Every top producer I know sticks to one IMO or at the most two.

Just make sure whatever IMO you chose will release. If you chose bad then you can move on.

What do you want from an IMO? What do you need? That's more important than how many.
Yes, thank you. I've already gathered that it's important to make sure I can get released, so that's one of the first questions I ask when speaking with them.

Since this is a whole new world to me, I'm mostly looking for support in an IMO ... support with questions while I learn all of this. I don't need help with leads or the marketing aspect of it. My biggest thing is support and that I have someone that can help me with questions while I'm getting started.

Yes, thank you. I've already gathered that it's important to make sure I can get released, so that's one of the first questions I ask when speaking with them.

Since this is a whole new world to me, I'm mostly looking for support in an IMO ... support with questions while I learn all of this. I don't need help with leads or the marketing aspect of it. My biggest thing is support and that I have someone that can help me with questions while I'm getting started.
Then go with one IMO until you find a need for more. Wednesday will mark my official 20 years as an agent. I have one IMO I use. For life and medicare.

Then go with one IMO until you find a need for more.
This is good advice.

I started 50 years ago. Long before there were IMOs. And because of that, my situation is going to be different that yours.

I have some I use when I'm doing Buy-Sell Agreements, others for disability and annuities. Still others for ... you get the point.

Other than a release, don't assign your commissions. And always check your vesting.

You haven't said where you're trying to go market wise. For general life and health I'd recommend talking to @Todd King.

Back