AOR UHC

Protects from what?

You lost the buis they went with another agent

The only reason Med supp does not do the same is because Companies will offer new pricing lower than what current clients have and protection is needed

But its not about the agent they want to keep higher premiums on the books

You need to protect your own book

You need to read the initial post...we are on the subject of Medicare Advantage, not Medicare Supplements. I understand I lost the business, but I can afford to loss one every once in a while with the large book I have. As far as keeping a higher premium on the books with Med Supp. that's fine, because I like to run across those. I no longer play the shell game, and have not for sometime now. BTW, I do protect my book. Take care

You need to read the initial post...we are on the subject of Medicare Advantage, not Medicare Supplements. I understand I lost the business, but I can afford to loss one every once in a while with the large book I have. As far as keeping a higher premium on the books with Med Supp. that's fine, because I like to run across those. I no longer play the shell game, and have not for sometime now. BTW, I do protect my book. Take care

I don't think you understood MY post

I meant that only Med supp will protect AOR but its not because they want to protect agent

It is because they have new pricing they don't want to lose clients paying higher premiums

However, MA does NOT have that problem

As FAR as not affording to lose Buiss Make sure you keep a good relationship MAKE sure YOU are their go too, guy Make sure they know not to speak or sign up with other agents as YOU have their best interest in mind

This does not mean you will never lose a client but it will be minimal

and its not just other agents Even Ins companies will steal your buis too, I have had 2 ins carriers who I had clients on PDP plan with calling them and try and sell MA to them

You need to take responsibility and work to keep your buis stay in contact send monthly newsletter Bday card things like that

Call every so often make sure they don't need changes and such

Make sure they think of You before any movements

So let me give you folks as much info. as possible concerning this case. I enrolled a new to medicare client 1/1/20 into a MA-PD plan with United Health Care, then in 9/2021 another agent (non-telesales) rolls him into a different MA-PD plan within UHC (No break in coverage) now I lose AOR- and renewal commissions.
Is this the way you see it? If so, to me this is just not right! I have question UHC and they say YES this is the way it is.

What election period did they utilize in September?

What election period did they utilize in September?

UHC has A lot of 5 Star plans in TN

Another reason why I usually Tell prospects upfront is How sometimes 4 or even 3 stars can be a better fit than 5 star

In some area's there may be a 3 or 4-star plan from the same company same network with better benefits than a 5-star plan

many times this is the case

Another reason why I usually Tell prospects upfront is How sometimes 4 or even 3 stars can be a better fit than 5 star

In some area's there may be a 3 or 4-star plan from the same company same network with better benefits than a 5-star plan

In Yr 2021 UHC did not have a 5 Star plan to my knowle

UHC did not have a 5 Star plan available in 2021 to my understanding.

UHC did not have a 5 Star plan available in 2021 to my understanding.

I don't know I do know 2022 they are all over TN
Just saying you need to be proactive and cover your bases

I sell in many states I go over this most times I haven't even looked to see if there is a 5 star
Heck, many times there is a 3 star that blows away the 4 stars,

Either way, I do know there are many illegally cold calling seniors, I don't want someone to be swindled when someone calls them and says hey you have a crappy 3 star plan this plan Is 4 stars the highest rating in this county

You have to know they are being called and marketed every day and every agent they speak with is going to try and make them feel they are getting short-changed on the current plan and they will use any angle they can

You need to prep them

LIS/Extra Help

Did you get the person back on your books?

If they switched in Sept '21 to a better ("more suitable") plan, it's your fault for not being the one to write it. The new agent deserves the comp...not you.

If they switched in Sept '21 to an inferior ("less beneficial") plan...then you could've already used AEP or OEP to set it straight - back to the right plan you initially set up...

Not sure what the issue is here.

Back