Appointment Setter Needed..... Help???

I would never pay for no shows, regardless of the recording. The rest doesn't matter.

Good appt setters have no shows too, i guess it just happens. If i had to pay for a setter and they were good I would have no problem paying for a no show.

I've looked at a lot of appt setters and it seems $15 per kept appt is the standard.

I understand your reasoning for not offering the recording until after, but I don't like it. I can see you using that with the guys your training but for an experienced agent, I think it's unnecessary.

I don't even listen to the recordings on my tm leads anymore. As you said, you will pre-judge. But to be able to hear the prospect interaction before the appt is the second best thing to remembering what you said when you set it yourself.

$11 an hour is a good rate for appts set, whether they're kept or not. Having the recording BEFORE might make it worth $12. I just don't know if it's worth that much. It does help you to work with the setter to tweak the script or give them a better way to overcome an objection. But that's more work for me. I would also like to know the expectation on the set % compared to leads given.

So for a service like this, I would like to pay $11 an appt and have the recording before with an expectation of 50-60% of leads set.

----------

Also there would need to be an expectation of what the no show % would/could be.

A lot of added work and hassle without much to gain.

The solution is simple. Recruit, hire, employ the person who will get the job done, and determine the standards ahead of time your hire needs to meet in order to sustain the partnership.

And know when to take them out back and shoot them, and definitely do it SOONER than LATER, as most firing decisions are 6 to 18 months too late.

My standard is:

-40-50% of leads set as appointments.
-A generally enjoyable working experience.
-Someone who works hard at communicating often and clearly.

I understand and anticipate deviations in performance, and monitor poor performance closely with discernment.

I have fired several appointment setters because their attitude and lazy work ethic manifested itself into poor performance; unfortunately, being the "half-glass full" kind of guy I was/am, I excused said poor performance when I should have eliminated them.

One last thing - one is the loneliest number in business. All of you guys should employ two appointment setters when you are searching for a new one, and divvy the work up between them to see who performs the best after an evaluation period.

Best case scenario - use both! That way if one goes astray or becomes a loser, you can effortlessly fire that one and either go all-in on your top-performer, or find another to fill the gap.

Should I Hire An Appointment Setter?

Last edited:
Definition time

Idea. (Noun) 1. A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action. 2. The aim or purpose.

Ideal. (Adjective) satisfying one's conception of what is perfect; most suitable
(Noun). A person or thing regarded as perfect.

Just wanted to help a brother out...you made the ideal error a couple times

Definition time Idea. (Noun) 1. A thought or suggestion as to a possible course of action. 2. The aim or purpose. Ideal. (Adjective) satisfying one's conception of what is perfect; most suitable (Noun). A person or thing regarded as perfect. Just wanted to help a brother out...you made the ideal error a couple times

What about idear? Growing up in the south (North Carolina), I heard that there hick phrase on numerous occasions.

Or could he just have big fingers and misclicked? ;)

The good news is that my setter has been working on an appointment setting agency with a new business model. The ideal is to charge the agent A. For each SET appointment, even if the client No-Shows B. To let the agent hear the recording of the conversation between the setter and the client However, the agent will NOT be able to hear the recording until AFTER the appointment! Yes, this is outside the box thinking, but the ideal is to get the appointments for the agent and not to give him any preconceived notion about the appointment. This will allow the agent to 1. Have a fair opportunity for a closing scenario with the client 2. Hear how solid the appointment was set 3. Hear how the client had NO interest, even after filling out the card 4. Hear whatever was said, so the agent can decide to use the service again or not I have NEVER had a setter OFFER up a recording of a SET appointment! What do you guys think? How much is this service worth?

I had the same exact thought about the appointment setting business. Why not give out recordings just like TM leads? I think what it comes down to is you need to bundle in lead management.

Do you exclusively set appointments? Or set it up for route planning as well? (set up your day with DKs and appts). Lead management seems easy enough but then it almost starts to mix in with CRM responsibilities...

Actually even with paying for all appointments including no shows. As a setter the person should always look at the week when invoicing. There are also decisions to make to reschedule what has been paid for. If you are an agent with a setter who is trying hard and honest, not just working for the appointment, the money...there wouldn't be a problem. Because the setter would not charge for 30% no shows to begin with. Setters do work hard to try to gain trust with the person they are calling, to allow the agent they don't even know to come to their house.

Back