Are Current Existing Pre-ACA Policies Being/WILL BE Cancelled

wehotex

Guru
1000 Post Club
Houston, Tex
I am working with a friend who has Humana One who is considering an ACA policy for the enhanced mental health benefits, even with the higher monthly premium. Will her policy eventually be cancelled due to lack of essential benefits?

How come hers is not cancelled yet?

Humana sent out a letter in September informing policyowners that they can keep their plan until the 2014 anniversary date, or until the end of the year. Find out from your friend what her letter said.

Also, you can do a comparison of her current plan vs a new 2014 policy and determine which one has the best mental health benefits for her particular situation.

Humana required that you had to make an "election" to keep your policy. If nothing was chosen, it will expire in anniversary month next year.

Humana sent out a letter in September informing policyowners that they can keep their plan until the 2014 anniversary date, or until the end of the year. Find out from your friend what her letter said.

Also, you can do a comparison of her current plan vs a new 2014 policy and determine which one has the best mental health benefits for her particular situation.

Well, I guess that she didn't read it, cause she asked me if it would cancel.

Well, I guess that she didn't read it, cause she asked me if it would cancel.

From what I've read, the new 2014 mental health benefits are as good as, or better than the pre-2014 mental health benefits anyway. She just has to carefully investigate and pick the right plan/company.

From what I've read, the new 2014 mental health benefits are as good as, or better than the pre-2014 mental health benefits anyway. She just has to carefully investigate and pick the right plan/company.

How could the addition of one of the sainted "essential health benefits" be only AS GOOD as the pre-ACA benefits? She says that she pays a lot out of pocket. I'll read up on her policy.

Latest posts

Back