Are Current Existing Pre-ACA Policies Being/WILL BE Cancelled

Wehotex...you might want to check the pre ACA policy. Texas individual policies usually had limited mental health benefit, if any.

Allen Chicago gave you an Illinois answer. :D

That is not completely true. My plan was renewed if I did nothing.

Renewed to your anniversary month in 2014. In most states, you had to make an election to reset your anniversary month to Dec to keep it until Dec 2014. Maybe your state is different.

Renewed to your anniversary month in 2014. In most states, you had to make an election to reset your anniversary month to Dec to keep it until Dec 2014. Maybe your state is different.

We're different. Renewed until Dec 2014 unless I said otherwise. It made for a very strange letter and phone call.

"We you to sign this amendment to extend your plan to Dec 2014, but really we don't and we didn't bother to include the amendment. You can call us at xxx to also verbally amend your plan, but again you really don't need to."

The HO employee told me Tennessee was the only state he had encountered that didn't require the amendment, but we did it anyway to be safe.

In Texas (where the original post was from) individual policies went to a 12/1, unless you cancelled the policy.

Back