Are You of Pounding the Phone All Day?

Your problem is in the statement above, you are a quote dispensor. Take it in 3 steps:

1. Find a lead, secure that it's a concern to look at options, get quoting information, then set up call two: "I don't know if I can help, but let me take a general look at what's out there and give you a call back in a day or two to give you a feel for what is out there or isn't out there. Then it's up to you if you want to talk further."

2. Call Two: "I took a look, we could probably save around $1800 a year for a similar plan, or possibly more if we switched around your plan design. I'll leave it up to you, is this enough of a concern that we should set up a time to look at your options in more detail?"

Don't accept "send me the quotes and I'll call if I have questions" or any of the other put offs. The serious prospects will set a time to look in more detail, the other 4 out of 5 won't, move on.

3. Run them through the options, either F2F or via desktop share. If you can help them, you will almost certainly have an app submitted here unless they weren't upfront about their medical issues the first time you asked.

I wouldn't spend your time dispensing quotes to anyone or everyone, complete waste of time.

I love this response! This method is what I have used in the past, but I will incorporate your two phone approach. Thanks

I'm just trying to keep my head above water and the phone is the cheapest way to do it. Thanks for the S.O. If I don't have an appointment I've got to get one somehow, you know what I mean.

What do you do to prospect? Any tips?

I suck on the phone. I drop in. I meet one owner and hit all his neighbors with "I was talking to your neighbor Bob and thought I'd stop by". "O yea how's Bob doing?" etc etc. I also try to keep my current clients happy (calls, letters, cards, flowers, lunch etc) and try to get referrals. Referrals have the highest ratio and it fits the market that I'm in.

I suck on the phone. I drop in. I meet one owner and hit all his neighbors with "I was talking to your neighbor Bob and thought I'd stop by". "O yea how's Bob doing?" etc etc. I also try to keep my current clients happy (calls, letters, cards, flowers, lunch etc) and try to get referrals. Referrals have the highest ratio and it fits the market that I'm in.

Referrals are awesome, Medicare folks love to give referrals if you can save them money on their med supp. They will tell the world how awesome you are.

We Provide Highly Effective Final Expense Appointment Setting Service. $20 Per Set. Click Here To Listen To A Live Set.

Dude, you have got to stop. You're digging up eleven year old threads to get free advertising for your business and even if your services are top notch you're going to turn agents off from using you. Why not join the forum and add some value first?

I am not a regular user of these forums and didn't realize it was creating an issue ... I thought offering a solution to someone seeking a solution that my company provides is providing value.

Those of who are regular contributors do take some offense at folks such as yourself who land here attempt immediately and solely to exploit the forum selfishly for your own gain.

The second part of your quote strains credulity and strikes me as disingenuous. It is late and it is a Friday night but from the responses you have gotten already you tell that this is not going to be taken in the spirit in which you claim you came.

It is what it is. You're here for free advertising. So be it.

I am not a regular user of these forums and didn't realize it was creating an issue. I started researching relevant threads and saw the dates on some were years old but figured some could still be looking for a solution. Also I don't appreciate you making accusations of unethical activity; you warn a person and insult them in the same response before ever giving someone a chance to reply. I thought offering a solution to someone seeking a solution that my company provides is providing value.
Maybe somebody told you this already. But there is an offers forum where things like your multiple posts are welcome. Outside of that, the way to get attention for your business is to look for threads where you can contribute valuable info or advice, or just shoot the breeze with us if that’s what’s going on. I would tell you to read the forum rules like somebody else probably has already, but I never have and don’t even know where they are! :err:But I know that spamming is definitely against them.

Back