Are You of Pounding the Phone All Day?

florida

What types of Phone Marketing do you do?
How much time a day do you prospect over the phone?
How much volume do you do a week?
Do you use a telemarketer/appointment setter?

Lets share some advice?

What types of Phone Marketing do you do?
How much time a day do you prospect over the phone?
How much volume do you do a week?
Do you use a telemarketer/appointment setter?

Lets share some advice?

I prospect at least 5 hours on the phone. I did much more yesterday and had 1172 dials( 8 hours), using a dialer of course. I only had 470 dials today and got 2 appointments. My production varies from week to week but continues to get better and better. From my dialing thus far this week, I have 5 medicare supplement appointments on Friday. I should also have a final expense policy and a 250,000 term life policy. I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope this all pans out because I am on vacation next week.

Another lesson I learned this week: NEVER SELL TO FAMILY!!!! I made a vow to not sell family members so I would learn how to do this business without relying on them. Oh well, my sister said she wanted a life policy, turned it back in before the 10 free look was over, she walked out on her husband. I WILL NEVER SELL INSURANCE TO A FAMILY MEMBER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER. I DON'T NEED THE MONEY THAT BAD.

If your see on this forum that cold-calling doesn't work, don't pay attention to it.

Last edited:
I prospect at least 5 hours on the phone. I did much more yesterday and had 1172 dials( 8 hours), using a dialer of course. I only had 470 dials today and got 2 appointments. My production varies from week to week but continues to get better and better. From my dialing thus far this week, I have 5 medicare supplement appointments on Friday. I should also have a final expense policy and a 250,000 term life policy. I guess we will have to wait and see. I hope this all pans out because I am on vacation next week.

Another lesson I learned this week: NEVER SELL TO FAMILY!!!! I made a vow to not sell family members so I would learn how to do this business without relying on them. Oh well, my sister said she wanted a life policy, turned it back in before the 10 free look was over, she walked out on her husband. I WILL NEVER SELL INSURANCE TO A FAMILY MEMBER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEVER. I DON'T NEED THE MONEY THAT BAD.

If your see on this forum that cold-calling doesn't work, don't pay attention to it.
This dude is the real deal. No using "hot live transfers", just good old fashioned smile and dial.

I will bet a dollar that you'll be a top producer sooner than you think. <standing ovation>

As for the service that we offer, appointment setting, we basically spend 8 hours on the phone for lead generation through setting appointments.

I will bet a dollar that you'll be a top producer sooner than you think. <standing ovation>

I'm just trying to keep my head above water and the phone is the cheapest way to do it. Thanks for the S.O. If I don't have an appointment I've got to get one somehow, you know what I mean.

What do you do to prospect? Any tips?

I purchased MOJO last week and got started Friday. Its taking a little getting use to but its AWESOME. I havent made a sale but I have at least 15 prospects. The hard part is getting them back on phone to set appointment. I just jumped out there with no plan. Now I am working towards a strategic schedule of calling as well as a better script that asks for an appointment on the first call after I provide pricing. Any suggestions?

I just jumped out there with no plan. Now I am working towards a strategic schedule of calling as well as a better script that asks for an appointment on the first call after I provide pricing. Any suggestions?

Your problem is in the statement above, you are a quote dispensor. Take it in 3 steps:

1. Find a lead, secure that it's a concern to look at options, get quoting information, then set up call two: "I don't know if I can help, but let me take a general look at what's out there and give you a call back in a day or two to give you a feel for what is out there or isn't out there. Then it's up to you if you want to talk further."

2. Call Two: "I took a look, we could probably save around $1800 a year for a similar plan, or possibly more if we switched around your plan design. I'll leave it up to you, is this enough of a concern that we should set up a time to look at your options in more detail?"

Don't accept "send me the quotes and I'll call if I have questions" or any of the other put offs. The serious prospects will set a time to look in more detail, the other 4 out of 5 won't, move on.

3. Run them through the options, either F2F or via desktop share. If you can help them, you will almost certainly have an app submitted here unless they weren't upfront about their medical issues the first time you asked.

I wouldn't spend your time dispensing quotes to anyone or everyone, complete waste of time.

I purchased MOJO last week and got started Friday. Its taking a little getting use to but its AWESOME. I havent made a sale but I have at least 15 prospects. The hard part is getting them back on phone to set appointment. I just jumped out there with no plan. Now I am working towards a strategic schedule of calling as well as a better script that asks for an appointment on the first call after I provide pricing. Any suggestions?

The first phone call should either generate a lead for the future or result in an appointment that you have well over a 90% chance of selling. If it doesn't then you need to rethink what you are saying.

It is all about maintaining control of the phone call until you get them to the point where you are having a conversation with them. It is only when you move it from a call to a conversation that you will be able to easily set an appointment.

Back