ARLIC 18% Decrese on Paln G

rousemark

Still Here!
5000 Post Club
Niota, TN
Got a call from Premier today telling me that American Retirement Life Insurance Company is going to decrease the rates on PLAN G by 18%. This will make them among the very cheapest in TN. Any comments on ARLIC as a company? I know they are owned by CIGNA.. Underwriting? Any other companies decreasing their G rates?

Got a call from Premier today telling me that American Retirement Life Insurance Company is going to decrease the rates on PLAN G by 18%. This will make them among the very cheapest in TN. Any comments on ARLIC as a company? I know they are owned by CIGNA.. Underwriting? Any other companies decreasing their G rates?

Lots of companies are decreasing their G's.

Their UW's not bad and they have a Substandard that'll take lots of conditions that nobody else will. Like Alzheimer's, Dementia, Cardiomyopathy, COPD w/oxygen and Insulin w/ Heart Problems to name a few. Not cheap but better than the out of sight MOFO and Bankers Life policies.

I haven't used them in a couple of years, but I'm going to give them another look because of their new app.

Cigna's (ARLIC) new app is a convoluted horror. Canned everything I had with them. If I need to place someone with impaired risk AARP it is. I am certainly not going through that app for a healthy person, too many other companies.

I love ARLIC! I think I've only placed one sub-standard policy and it was an accident. Their application is not bad at all. I use their e-app and it is very easy. I am definitely pleased to see their Plan G decrease. My only gripe is that they make it difficult to change in-force policies. They don't like re-writes.

I love ARLIC! I think I've only placed one sub-standard policy and it was an accident. Their application is not bad at all. I use their e-app and it is very easy. I am definitely pleased to see their Plan G decrease. My only gripe is that they make it difficult to change in-force policies. They don't like re-writes.

I was told I couldn't do a plan change during 1st 6 months client was eligible for open enrollment. Maybe they meant without underwriting, now that I think about it. Your experience?

Their online app is fine, gets issued fast.

Back