Assurant Eliminates Platinum, Gold, and Silver HSA Plans

FLM2

Guru
1000 Post Club
Florida
Assurant will no longer offer the Silver HSA, Gold, and Platinum plans Off Exchange once OEP has ended, this is a precursor to the same move On Exchange in 2016.

I had suggested the same thing to my RSD right after the commission changes (although I doubt my input was heard anywhere else at Assurant), I hope this means they will come back with reasonable compensation next year on a more limited plan base, one that will attract more of the healthy population rather than being top heavy with health-challenged people in need of a high level of care and a great PPO network.

I guess Assurant had their investor conference call today, would be interested to learn more.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...0213-NEWS-150219958&utm_campaign=financedaily

Assurant Health stumbles financially with sicker-than-expected policyholders
By Bob Herman | February 13, 2015
Insurance company Assurant Health lost tens of millions of dollars last year as policyholders who had non-exchange plans compliant with the Affordable Care Act turned out to be far sicker than expected. The insurer already is raising premiums to insulate itself against future losses.“The loss for the year was disappointing and reflected persistently high ACA claims experience,” Assurant CEO Alan Colberg said in an earnings call Friday. The company in January started instituting premium increases in the double digits, on average, and “closer to 20%,” Colberg said. Assurant Health also lowered commission levels for brokers in some areas to rein in costs. Premiums for the current open-enrollment period for exchange plans were set before these changes were instituted

I guess Assurant had their investor conference call today, would be interested to learn more.

http://www.modernhealthcare.com/art...0213-NEWS-150219958&utm_campaign=financedaily

Assurant Health stumbles financially with sicker-than-expected policyholders
By Bob Herman | February 13, 2015
Insurance company Assurant Health lost tens of millions of dollars last year as policyholders who had non-exchange plans compliant with the Affordable Care Act turned out to be far sicker than expected. The insurer already is raising premiums to insulate itself against future losses.“The loss for the year was disappointing and reflected persistently high ACA claims experience,” Assurant CEO Alan Colberg said in an earnings call Friday. The company in January started instituting premium increases in the double digits, on average, and “closer to 20%,” Colberg said. Assurant Health also lowered commission levels for brokers in some areas to rein in costs. Premiums for the current open-enrollment period for exchange plans were set before these changes were instituted

aND YAGENTS... THATS WHY I WILL NEVER EVER SELL THEM BECAUSE THEY HAVE A HISTORY OF CUTTING OUT THE AGENT WHEN THEY SCREW UP AND NEED TO CUT COST... F-THEM

You dont sell them cuz their not competitive in TX, get real :)

They haven't been indy competitive ever. Group rates went off the reservation in 2010.

I'm hoping they come back in 2016 with a PPO HSA Bronze (and commissions) I'd like to get away from Blue.

They haven't been indy competitive ever. Group rates went off the reservation in 2010.

I'm hoping they come back in 2016 with a PPO HSA Bronze (and commissions) I'd like to get away from Blue.

They killed it in Florida for 2014 and 2015 for a true PPO. OR FL killed them

----------

I am real pard.... trust me I'm full of real.... after 600 new aca app I'm bout as real as it gets... since its just me and only me writing them apps... and assurant sucks donkey thingies

Only 7 apps a day? did you go on a vacation?

I am real pard.... trust me I'm full of real.... after 600 new aca app I'm bout as real as it gets... since its just me and only me writing them apps... and assurant sucks donkey thingies

That is AWESOME man. I wish i used healthsherpa from the beginning but oh well. This open enrollment was great and I appreciate all you guys.

600... CRAP!

Back