Re: Assurant Update

You would have to get more clients?

They are paying 0%

How many clients would I need at 0% to make money:skeptical:

You would have to get more clients?

They are paying 0%

How many clients would I need at 0% to make money:skeptical:

You're the one who posed the question about what we thought would happen. Did you want a different answer?

And you haven't told us what you think would happen. Until then, I say just get more clients to make up the difference. We're looking to you for advice.

Rick

Everyone seems to be mad at Assurant. Has anyone thought maybe Assurant is being forced to pull the plug on its operation due to the wonders that is the ACA? I'm not sure they'd make any insurance commissioners happy if they just threw in the towel.

IF you think this is the only company I'm afraid I have some bad news...

Everyone seems to be mad at Assurant. Has anyone thought maybe Assurant is being forced to pull the plug on its operation due to the wonders that is the ACA? I'm not sure they'd make any insurance commissioners happy if they just threw in the towel.

IF you think this is the only company I'm afraid I have some bad news...

What you meant to post is that it would make all the libtards that passed this monstrosity happy if all insurance companies stopped writing. Then we could have single payer which would solve all our problems including dandruff.

Rick

Re: Assurant Drops Commissions to 0% Effective (almost) Immediately

Sneaky how they simply made so agents will not sell their products as opposed to pulling the plans entirely which would have kicked them out for 5 years. That would indicate that agents were submitting a good number through them since they will still be listed on the exchange and thus DIY consumers can still purchase...

IMHO they did the way they did due to:

1. Agents did submit a lot of business, more than expected. This lowers enrollments via agents though DIY consumers can still choose.
2. If they pulled out completely they would not be able to jump back in for 5 years.

At 0% commission you'd need a gazillion bazillion clients to make money.:)

Yes this is old news, there were 3 threads started yesterday.

This is actually the 1st thread started about this so it is not old news...

The real purpose of starting this thread was not as much to share the 0% commission change as open a conversation about what this really means to our business (which I think is that other companies will be taking similar steps in the next 1-3 years).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back