At a Crossroad in My Career... Need Advice

Do you have TERRIBLE health?

It sounds like you are trapping yourself into dead end companies because you don't want to pay your own health insurance premiums. You need to change that way of thinking fast.

Get your own health insurance. Become independent. Kick these backwards thinking companies to the curb.

No I do not have horrible health but I am getting married soon and my fiancé doesn't have the best health care so I want to make sure I am covered. I have heard health insurance on the open market can be very expensive. PS - I am only 30.

Why is Mass Mutual a dead end company and what suggestions would you have for the direction I should go?

Thanks!

I'm not trying to put you down. I'm trying to get you to see you have an employee mentality in a career that rewards independence.

Don't get group health insurance. Get your own. The higher commissions you make will easily pay your own premiums.

You don't want to be tied to one place in this biz. Mass could be good. But what if you work there two years and realize everyone else can sell Mass too but don't have the limits of being captive?

Obamacare kicks in in two years. That will take care of your girlfriend. And who ever said group health insurance was cheap? It's outrageous.

I'm not trying to put you down. I'm trying to get you to see you have an employee mentality in a career that rewards independence.

Don't get group health insurance. Get your own. The higher commissions you make will easily pay your own premiums.

You don't want to be tied to one place in this biz. Mass could be good. But what if you work there two years and realize everyone else can sell Mass too but don't have the limits of being captive?

Obamacare kicks in in two years. That will take care of your girlfriend. And who ever said group health insurance was cheap? It's outrageous.

I agree with you I pay about $340 a month now for just myself under the "group" plan and when I get married it goes to about $900 per month and they say this is a discounted amount. NOT IN MY EYES! I agree with what you are saying and I appreciate your thoughts. I have to say I feel good that I can make sales once in front of people and I don't have employee brain otherwise I would want to stay where I am. I am tired of the BS quotas on applications my company has with ZERO support and no growth.

I just don't know how to prospects for new clients and that is one of the only reasons I consider a career shop.

. I am tired of the BS quotas on applications my company has with ZERO support and no growth.

I just don't know how to prospects for new clients and that is one of the only reasons I consider a career shop.

Uh Oh! That doesn't sound good.. If you are having a problem with app quotas where you are, what makes you think it will be any easier anywhere else? People that leave a company because of pressure to produce usually don't succeed elsewhere because that pressure is exerted in every captive situation and they won't pressure themselves to produce on their own as an independent.

There are many good reasons to leave a company, better product, different products, higher comissions, ability to own your business, etc. but resentment of production quotas is not usually one of them.

That's 2% of the equation. The other 98% is finding ways to get in front of people. Nobody...I repeat NOBODY is going to do that for you.

Time to re-think -- if you're smart that is.

I agree and that is why I was looking into the P&C business since it seems like a easier get the foot in the door with still having the ability to sell Life,etc on the back end. I don't have a problem with app quotas but I do have a problem just pushing apps that give the company what they want when I am not making money. I am selling BS apps just to make the big app quota but at the end of the month my commish is crap.

Back