ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

From my understanding that would only work if they chose a PFFS MA plan through you and then got a standalone drug plan through the exchange. If they don't get something through the exchange, then they don't get an HRA account set up, and therefore they get no money.

Do you know if dental or vision count as something?

That is a good question (dental, vision). Let us know what you find out.

Wow what a clustermuck trying to get info from ATT and AON about this. The retiree I met with today was very interested in having me as her agent if we could get verbal attestation from ATT that by using me as AOR she wouldn't be giving up entitlement to the HRA benefit.First it was a big run around on the ATT phone menu to to get to the retiree benefits dept.We were told by ATT rep that only AON could give that information to retiree and I questioned her about that because usually it's the employer who makes these rules not the exchanges but she said she was sure these decisions are made by the exchange not the ATT.

So we call AON and we talk with someone who supposedly could answer these type of questions for ATT retirees and her first response without hesitation was that the retiree had to buy all medical and rx plans through AON to be eligible for HRA.I had a copy of the updated FAQ I printed off this thread and I asked AON rep to refer to question 8 and 9 I pasted below and asked her doesn't the verbiage in FAQ 8 "after an eligible individual enrolls in a medical and/or pdp through Aon... say that only 1 plan is required to be purchased from AON? The Aon rep says yeah your right it does sound like that's what its saying, then she said can I put you on hold while I check with my supervisor for clarification on this. Sure I said and while your down there checking on this can you also ask them if a dental or vision plan would be considered a medical plan and therefore also meet the minimum requirement of plans purchased through AON to still be eligible for HRA. Hey that's a good question too she said and then after being on hold or 5 minutes she comes back on and said her supervisor said the retiree has to get this info from her " benefit adviser " that the retiree had a scheduled phone appointment with on 10/16.I said isn't this "benefit adviser " just a licensed agent who function is to help the retiree choose the plan.Yes she said. So you are telling us that even though the ATT benefit management dept. and now you who work for the AON ATT retiree dedicated customer service line didn't no the answer to these basic company policy questions that the insurance agent who handles the actual enrollment is the only person who actually knows the rules and the only source for ATT retirees to get a definitive answer regarding this matter from? Yes sir that's the benefit advisers job.

Lord help the ATT retirees.

8. Can HRA credits be used to reimburse expenses incurred for plans that are
not purchased through the Aon Exchange?
The HRA is established after an eligible individual enrolls in a medical and/or
prescription drug plan through the Aon Exchange. Once the HRA is established,
any eligible expenses that this individual submits for himself for reimbursement will
be processed. For example, if the individual is enrolled in a prescription drug plan
through the Aon Exchange and is enrolled in a Medigap plan outside of the Aon
Exchange, eligible expenses incurred under either plan may be reimbursed through
the HRA. Note, however, that the premium auto-reimbursement feature will not be
available for non-Aon Exchange plans. Claims will need to be submitted manually.
9. Are dental and vision expenses eligible to be reimbursed through the HRA?
If you have an HRA account, you may use it to reimburse your dental and vision
premiums as well as eligible out-of-pocket expenses.

verbal attestation from ATT

She really needs it in writing. A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Say she get's the verbal OK then she is stiffed on her HRA bucks. Who will get hung out to dry?

Check this out. Item 4.

4. Does this impact dental and vision coverage?
Yes, dental and vision coverage will be offered through the Aon Retiree Health Exchange in 2015. The impacted population will be able to use the subsidy provided by AT&T to purchase medical, prescription drug, dental and/or vision coverage.

This doesn't specifically address the question you raised but seems to lend credence to the suggestion.

ATT messed up, but so have all the other companies that have outsourced retiree medical. The retirees are offered marginal advice that may or may not be accurate. The number of options are limited and most of the plans shown generate higher compensation by virtue of the plan and carrier.

Retirees are denied access to quality agents capable of explaining options and helping them find value. Aon laughs all the way to the bank.

Similar to buying Obamacare via a navigator on the exchange vs. using an agent that really understands the market.

I still feel that this will be lawyer-ed out. The replacement of retiree health care benefits with dollars will find a few corporations big time losers. Especially the ones that promised their retiree's health care benefits. Short term corporations will gain a bottom line -- long term this could be a very costly mistake.

The HRA administrator who has invented the crazy rule that retiree's must purchase through the administrator all or one of their plans in order to participate may also need to one day explain this profitable captive purchase rule. This HRA administrator captive rule is not the same set of government rules that are being used to justify the HRA existence.

I wonder if they didn't have this profitable captive purchase rule, would they continue to offer the HRA's? Also, after a set number of years most MedSupp commissions go to zero. Which bring up the bigger question: Where will the HRA administrator be once the renewal commissions dry up? Do any of these companies look at how the administrator will be able to sustain a profitable long-term relationship under this business model? What will be their long term administrative commitment when the HRA MedSupp commissions dry up?

Desperate times lead to dumb decisions! :goofy:

As long as these companies remain in business there will still be workers that retire.

Have two soon-to-be clients from AT&T who are getting their Part D through AON and Plan G's through me. Our question is, how will they get the subsidy from AT&T to pay for the supps, is it set up in a different account for them?

Read through the thread but didn't see this, maybe I missed it.

Thanks!

Have two soon-to-be clients from AT&T who are getting their Part D through AON and Plan G's through me. Our question is, how will they get the subsidy from AT&T to pay for the supps, is it set up in a different account for them? Read through the thread but didn't see this, maybe I missed it. Thanks!
I believe I read in the materials that they submit a claim. I'm going to have my clients--scheduled to write two next week who already had their Aon meeting--pay the med supp annually, so they get one reimbursement a year rather than having to file monthly claims.

Bevo, post #44

The HRA is established after an eligible individual enrolls in a medical and/or prescription drug plan through the Aon Exchange. Once the HRA is established, any eligible expenses that this individual submits for himself for reimbursement will be processed. For example, if the individual is enrolled in a prescription drug plan through the Aon Exchange and is enrolled in a Medigap plan outside of the Aon Exchange, eligible expenses incurred under either plan may be reimbursed through the HRA. Note, however, that the premium auto-reimbursement feature will not be available for non-Aon Exchange plans. Claims will need to be submitted manually.

Also in one of the follow up posts that link to the FAQ

Back