ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

Well, you can do what you want, but I am using this info to write 3 (hopefully more) Medigap plans on ATT retirees. Seems a better alternative than walking away and getting nothing.

In my situation, they buy PDP from Aon with some of the HRA $$ and use part of the rest to buy Medigap from me. Anything left over that is not used to cover OOP expenses rolls over to 2015.

If the retiree buys a Plan G from me, can they get reimbursement for the Part B deductible expenses? Also, does the Total reimbursement amount change from year to year on account of cost of living, increased costs of buying insurance as they age. I'm thinking that if the amount remains constant, it would really behoove them to buy the equivalent Med Supp plan that offers the lowest price. Ex, If I can sell them a Plan G for $500 than the Plan F offered through AON, then the $500 rolls over to next year. I am curious if they get paid for the Part B deduct though?

If the retiree buys a Plan G from me, can they get reimbursement for the Part B deductible expenses? Also, does the Total reimbursement amount change from year to year on account of cost of living, increased costs of buying insurance as they age. I'm thinking that if the amount remains constant, it would really behoove them to buy the equivalent Med Supp plan that offers the lowest price. Ex, If I can sell them a Plan G for $500 than the Plan F offered through AON, then the $500 rolls over to next year. I am curious if they get paid for the Part B deduct though?
My understanding is that the HRA may be used for premium payments only, not claims. But that's second hand information from my ATT clients.

It stays the same at 2700 each year, rolls over year to year and can be used for out of pocket expenses like mapd co pays dental etc.

It stays the same at 2700 each year

Stays the same until they decide to change it.

Keep in mind AT&T (and other companies as well) terminated a retiree health plan to go this route because the other was prohibitively expensive.

The HRA is a year to year thing that can stop at any time.

For now...
The retiree gets $2700 per year. If married, the spouse gets $1500.
If both retiree AND spouse are AT&T retirees... they EACH get $2700.

Interesting that AON has acknowledged that they only have contracts with four medigap carriers, AARP/UHC, Aetna, Amerihealth & Mutual of Omaha in NJ. They originally said they could get them all? They also are now explaining finally that plans like G and N are not gurantee issue.

According to Aon, they represent over 80 different carriers, but obviously not all carriers are available in all areas.
I use to work with several agents that are now working for Aon in their Woodlands office outside of Houston. Good people. But, they admit that there are a lot more novices working there than experts. They actually hire people without insurance licenses or ANY Medicare training and ram them through an in-house training program to get them licensed and certified ASAP and on the floors enrolling Seniors.
But don't automatically assume ALL Aon advisors are shady. It's just that there are a lot of newbies that are new and under trained.

Also, they don't get commission for enrollments. They are salaried employees with full benefits. They do get a $15 bonus per MAPD enrollment. Last I heard they only get $5 for Medigaps and nothing for PDP's. So, they aren't doing it for the commissions lol.

According to Aon, they represent over 80 different carriers,

Just this minute submitted two applications, saving a couple $200 per month vs. what AON just told them, today. (Two folks in KY Mutual of Omaha)

They are VERY selective (AON) on the companies they pick, and it definitely has nothing to do with value to their clients.

Just this minute submitted two applications, saving a couple $200 per month vs. what AON just told them, today. (Two folks in KY Mutual of Omaha) They are VERY selective (AON) on the companies they pick, and it definitely has nothing to do with value to their clients.

Nothing gets me more excited than talking to a prospect who has MoO!

For now...
The retiree gets $2700 per year. If married, the spouse gets $1500.
If both retiree AND spouse are AT&T retirees... they EACH get $2700.

That is unfair to the single employees. They should just bump up what they give the actual employees and spread it out more instead of benefiting the spouse.

Latest posts

Back