ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

I am AT&T retiree.no 80 yrs old... Do not know what to do. Agent was reading to me from booklet that we all received,so he didn't know anything. AON has only medigap in my area that run$300 mth. and I do not care for any that they offer I am on very strict budget.I did find some advantage plans that were affordable.Blue Cross Adavantage seem to have good coverage. Will my AON agent sign me up with Blue Cross if I select them? an then can't claim the $2700?

I really need some honest helpful advise.where can I go,or who can I talk to? I am sure others are going through the same confusion.

I worked with General Motors retirees back in 2009. I helped many select a BCBS supplement plan C that was about $117.00 a month. It has been a long time since working in MI and do not know what rates are these days. It may be best to reach out to a different local agent that has a better understanding of your needs.

I am not licensed in MI and don't know your zip, but there are Medigap plans available in 48201 in the $150- $170 per month range.

I have looked into a BCBS plan that seems to be a good coverage an affordable for me. Now will AOn allow & help me enroll with blue cross or do I have to do it on my own. How do I find a agent that could advise me. The AON agent didn't know anything. Probably hired for this AT&T project. on the web site they had only high priced Medigap in my area,no advantage plans at all

...How do I find a agent that could advise me. The AON agent didn't know anything. Probably hired for this AT&T project. on the web site they had only high priced Medigap in my area,no advantage plans at all

Glad to see someone has helped you.

I took a look at their website. Very disappointed. Very few plans and certainly not the lowest priced. What got my attention is they state that one of the MedSupp companies they represent is AARP. Really? AARP isn't an insurance company. Agents are constantly reminded to not say that AARP is an insurance company.

Hopefully their agents are well trained to avoid giving out bad advise or wrong information.

Back