ATT Cancels Retiree Health Plan

thank you. I have contacted an agent through this forum,an plan on going with Medigap.

----------

the agent with AON read from the booklet I was sent....he was not helpful...nor do I think he knows anything....I have called him twice,an get his answering machine.

Glad you got the advice you need. The agent that contacted you is very knowledgeable.

I am sure others are going through the same confusion.

Lots and lots of my agents are being asked about this, so I put together an illustration of what is being shown by AON as their only option, and what the REAL market provides.

Probably want to expand the video with that box on the bottom right (maximize).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much Chris...I truly hope other AT&T retiree's see this,an find the right plan outside. AT&T should be ashamed doing this to people that worked loyally like myself, an were proud to be part of the Ma Bell.

AT&T isn't alone.

IBM did this last year with a similar approach but used a Towers subsidiary to handle it. GM has done it.

This is not a "one shot" opportunity. People retire every day from big companies. If you can position yourself to generate traffic and offer solid advice you can pick up new clients.

One company (can't recall who) uses myseniorventure dot com as a "gateway" for their retiree clients. (See the VIP login on the right).

I have been watching this subject closely for a while. Looks like there are going to be large numbers of angry and or confused seniors looking for help the next several months. I want to have the best information at my disposal to help those I may run across.

However, does it make sense to actually take action to seek out these cases? If they are GI, it would seem that in many cases if I am going to quote them the lowest med sup rate available, it is going to be with an insurance company that will pay me very little commission.

Is this a long term strategy? Get paid $25 in year one with the idea that at some point down the road you can roll them to an underwritten plan and then get a decent commission.

I have been watching this subject closely for a while. Looks like there are going to be large numbers of angry and or confused seniors looking for help the next several months. I want to have the best information at my disposal to help those I may run across. However, does it make sense to actually take action to seek out these cases? If they are GI, it would seem that in many cases if I am going to quote them the lowest med sup rate available, it is going to be with an insurance company that will pay me very little commission. Is this a long term strategy? Get paid $25 in year one with the idea that at some point down the road you can roll them to an underwritten plan and then get a decent commission.

Oxford ftw lllllkkkk

Fannie Mae is moving their Medicare-eligible retirees to an HRA administered by Aon effective 1/1/15 as well. A retiree gave me a copy of the literature. It does not include the same language regarding taking PDP or med supp to get the reimbursement.

It does not include the same language regarding taking PDP or med supp to get the reimbursement.

Perhaps Aon wised up and decided to close that loophole.

Back