Attn. KS & MO Independent Agencies in the KC Metro Area

Earlier this summer, after much deliberation and consideration I made the decision to persue a career change to the insurance industry.

After much research, I have decided that I want to secure an opportunity with an independent agency that specializes in Med Supps and related products. In order to establish credibility, I recently acquired my L/H licenses for Kansas and Missouri.

I have no problem starting as a 100% commission-only independent contractor. I want a situation where I receive sound sales training/mentoring in exchange for hard work, dedication, discipline and hopefully, quality sales.

If anyone knows of any independent agencies or individuals in my area that maybe looking to add an agent, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Please see my profile for my contact information.

Thanks,

PS - This web site has been invaluable in my research and decision. I have gained a lot from researching the numerous threads and actually talking with some of the long-time contributors to this site. Thanks to all that have shared their time and information. I hope to "pay it forward" when I get the chance!

I am originally from up there. Well, Iowa but my wife is from north of the KC area. I actually started with some folks in 1986 up there, they were from north MO but moved to Columbia. They were bigtime into med supps for a while, seemed like they changed over to underage health for a while, who knows, maybe they are back into med supps now after Obamacare:

Columbia Management Group Insurance Products

I am originally from up there. Well, Iowa but my wife is from north of the KC area. I actually started with some folks in 1986 up there, they were from north MO but moved to Columbia. They were bigtime into med supps for a while, seemed like they changed over to underage health for a while, who knows, maybe they are back into med supps now after Obamacare:

Columbia Management Group Insurance Products

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Columbia, Mo is about 2 hrs from where I am.

Thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Columbia, Mo is about 2 hrs from where I am.
They may not have an agency themselves, but they may be able to direct you to one- that is under their hierachy.
I love MO and and KS. I may have to move up there some day. Ha ha .

Hey, I now see you are the one posting on the A/R thread as well. Did my buddies in Columbia not help at all? Just curious...

Last edited:
Hey, I now see you are the one posting on the A/R thread as well. Did my buddies in Columbia not help at all? Just curious...

Well, I found two companies in Columbia, MO that have independent contracts for senior products. I talked to them and both seem to be related to one another.

They sent me a packet of info and they charge you for leads, have an assigned territory. This really didnot appeal to me because the territory that had available is 1+ hours from where I live. So that is why I have the other post. But thanks for the info! I am learning a lot about how "captive vs independent" works slowly but surely.

Well, I found two companies in Columbia, MO that have independent contracts for senior products. I talked to them and both seem to be related to one another.

They sent me a packet of info and they charge you for leads, have an assigned territory. This really didnot appeal to me because the territory that had available is 1+ hours from where I live. So that is why I have the other post. But thanks for the info! I am learning a lot about how "captive vs independent" works slowly but surely.
Cool, yeah, I had to learn it slowly but surely. Those two companies are related to each other I think. I think one or two guys broke off from the other guys- and started their own- If it is the same guys I'm thinking of. Anywho- I think you are smart to go with a captive to learn the ropes. Those independent guys shall be around when you are ready to break free.

Back