Avian Life Brokerage

Fair enough on the lengthy post. I thought I'd provide fact, as opposed to blind comment on our program. Short version: Commission range is 70-85%. We provide ALL leads ongoing at no cost to the agent. Plus, we pay for E&O, non-res licensing and even health insurance for our agents. Anyone who doesn't understand our program doesn't understand lead cost. And, we insure ALL ages and not just MP, FE or any one specific niche. Quack attack, we do appreciate you looking in to our opportunity and wish you success with your search. Industry FYI on leads:

Average cost of a 1,000 piece mail drop - $400/1,000 (standard mail) & $500/1,000 (1st class). No guarantee on return, of course.

Quality MP leads can be purchased between $36-$42 per lead (industry).

Quality FE leads can be purchased for roughly $35 (industry)

Quality Internet Life leads can be purchased for roughly $19+ per lead.

You may have a phone, but who cares if you can't make it ring OR if you don't have anyone to call. That's why agents "need us":)

Maybe Avian LB (avianonline.com) can explain why "Robert Taylor" isn't appointed with the companies he is supposedly selling through like American National/MOO....if you search his TX license number 965240 (which he includes in his email response to your Craigslist ad reply) it lists none of those said companies. Also, why Oak Tree Financial (otbrokerage.com) was previously posting the same Craigslist ads, with the same offer, even same website layout. Also if you look-up whois directory for the domain name avianonline you will see that avianonline just created the domain name in July 2013 but they've supposedly been around since 1996? These are questions I assure you "Robert Taylor" won't be able to answer. This appears to be a very elaborate ploy to get $500 from job seekers in the insurance arena. There is also a recent post on ripoff report about a gentleman sending in $250 of the $500 ($250 which he could pay in a separate payment) getting bogus leads, and never being able to contact this person "Robert Taylor" again. Steer clear.

Maybe Avian LB (avianonline.com) can explain why "Robert Taylor" isn't appointed with the companies he is supposedly selling through like American National/MOO....if you search his TX license number 965240 (which he includes in his email response to your Craigslist ad reply) it lists none of those said companies. Also, why Oak Tree Financial (otbrokerage.com) was previously posting the same Craigslist ads, with the same offer, even same website layout. Also if you look-up whois directory for the domain name avianonline you will see that avianonline just created the domain name in July 2013 but they've supposedly been around since 1996? These are questions I assure you "Robert Taylor" won't be able to answer. This appears to be a very elaborate ploy to get $500 from job seekers in the insurance arena. There is also a recent post on ripoff report about a gentleman sending in $250 of the $500 ($250 which he could pay in a separate payment) getting bogus leads, and never being able to contact this person "Robert Taylor" again. Steer clear.

Thanks for the insight, I appreciate it:) I actually spoke to Mr. Taylor on the phone. I think he is actually in AZ, based on the prefix of his ph#, but I could be wrong about that. He made no mention of Avian be run under a different name previously. Said that he had been running a call center, and decided to switch to a "virtual call center" format. Anyway, doesn't look like I will be biting on this one. That is one of the great things about this forum. You can learn what to do and what NOT to do.

Last edited:
Responding to "fullyinsuredguy"... I am not Mr. Taylor, but I believe I can answer these questions on his behalf. Why do you assume Mr. Taylor is the principal of our agency? In fact, he is not. Also, agencies do not necessarily contract/appoint like individual agents. We have partners/affiliations and our appointments are simply not under a single individual, as is the case with essentially all agencies. Also, in fact Mr. Taylor has had/run a separate call center for several years prior to his time now with AVIAN. There was a re-branding of sorts just after the first of the year and AVIAN has multiple domains. Is it possible that one domain is currently forwarding to another temporary domain while a permanent site with in-depth functionality is under construction? And, sure we have associations with various partners. Is it also possible that we have our version of downline and these downline have their own dealings with their agents that are not our direct dealings? Though, I'm certain they could provide their own explanation.

Here's the problem with this forum, quack attack. Folks comment on companies and programs they know absolutely nothing about every day. You have members with literally thousands of posts critiquing all kinds of opportunities, though they've had no actual experience with them. And, these days, it's so easy to slander/libel agencies, individuals, etc. We and no other agency can ever hope to please everyone. The truth is that there are many people who are simply not cut-out to be insurance professionals. When they fail on any program, typically the blame is placed elsewhere. They attack the reputation of the agency and warn others to stay away. You tell me... Is this the best place to turn for advice? The simple fact is that if you search hard enough for a reason not to do something, I'm sure you'll probably find one. And, that should shield you from any failure as well as any success. We'll leave it at that.

Notice how Avian LB stated he's not Mr. Taylor but also didn't state who he is. Also no mention was made as to what the other sites were/why there was a rebranding and a rebranding from what? Oak Tree Brokerage? What happened there? That site otbrokerage.com was started in 03/2013 according to the Whois directory. Also for a company that started in 1996 supposedly it's very interesting that they have a cookie cutter website and their toll free number goes to no man's land, not to mention zero mention of who is running the "company" over there. If you put sprinkles on a turd it's still a turd. Avian LB if you would stop speaking in generalities and give people some concrete truths and information backed by quality links and data it would be far easier to decipher this being legit and not being a $500 cash grab don't you agree?

I don't anticipate seeing that from "Not Mr. Taylor" so with that being said...steer clear.

Fair enough on the lengthy post. I thought I'd provide fact, as opposed to blind comment on our program. Short version: Commission range is 70-85%. We provide ALL leads ongoing at no cost to the agent. Plus, we pay for E&O, non-res licensing and even health insurance for our agents. Anyone who doesn't understand our program doesn't understand lead cost. And, we insure ALL ages and not just MP, FE or any one specific niche. Quack attack, we do appreciate you looking in to our opportunity and wish you success with your search. Industry FYI on leads:

Average cost of a 1,000 piece mail drop - $400/1,000 (standard mail) & $500/1,000 (1st class). No guarantee on return, of course.

Quality MP leads can be purchased between $36-$42 per lead (industry).

Quality FE leads can be purchased for roughly $35 (industry)

Quality Internet Life leads can be purchased for roughly $19+ per lead.

You may have a phone, but who cares if you can't make it ring OR if you don't have anyone to call. That's why agents "need us":)

So, Avian LB, based on this post, it looks like you provide fresh, exclusive direct mail and internet leads, at roughly the costs you have listed above, to your agents? Is this correct? If so, I find it strange that Mr. Taylor told me the other day that Avian provides a mix of aged DM and aged internet leads to their agents. He explained to me that Avian buys these aged leads in such huge bulk that he is able to get them very cheaply (for much less than the prices you have listed in your post). I am not saying that this is necessarily a bad thing, but Mr. Taylor's comments to me directly contradict what you are saying in your post. Could you please enlighten us on this as well?

Last edited:
I'd like to thank you guys for being smart and aggressive about Avian. I have been digging for legit info on them for a short while, ever since they emailed me about the virtual agent position.

I'd like to thank you guys for being smart and aggressive about Avian. I have been digging for legit info on them for a short while, ever since they emailed me about the virtual agent position.

You're welcome. This forum has a lot of good info on it.

Back