Awaiting KAPLAN Study Material, But in the Mean Time

My biggest concern is with the market I am looking to pursue is a WANT market. With the economy in the can horse people are really seeing the effects. This is due to the fact that horses are very much a want and not a need. A luxury in every sense of the term.

And agricultural, well that has struggled for a long time, the small time farmer isnt going to purchase insurance for his "hobby farm" and lets face it if you have less than 1,000 acres of land your considered small time. Small time farmers cant afford coverage. Heck, Im pretty sure most dont even do business with banks.

These are the issues im struggling with.

I have ideas coming out of my ears for prospecting for new clients. and with the contacts I already have I think I will do pretty well. As i said before Im not looking to get rich. Have a nice income, live well, and enjoy what I do are my end goals.

Hate to say this...but your niches may be too niche.
You may want to check with people you know in these industries and see what they are doing for insurance right now.
Where I am...there are specialty programs like Farm Family that are so cheap that I am not in the ball park. And if you're chasing people that don't have insurance now, why are they going to get it from you?

When I started in this business...most of the niches I picked turned out to be a waste of time...the carriers I have were not competitive with the specialty programs. But....you sometimes find a niche within a niche.

Last edited:
Back