Bankers Life question and Afib/Eliquis

Might look at Cigna. Medication that hasn't changed in last 2 years isn't counted as treatment for many heart conditions.
On a fishing trip so you'll have to look up underwriting questions.

Might look at Cigna. Medication that hasn't changed in last 2 years isn't counted as treatment for many heart conditions.

Thanks for this. According to client, there are no other coronary medications at all and has been over 2 years with the same dose.

Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company
question-mark.svg
Why is this excluded?
If treated with Eliquis for Atrial Fibrillation (AFIB) within 2 years, Decline

If treated with Eliquis for Atrial Fibrillation (AFIB) within 2 years, Decline

Unless the Afib is corrected surgically, I would think that even a maintenance dose of Eliquis would be considered treatment.

Which carriers DON'T consider it treatment?

Unless the Afib is corrected surgically, I would think that even a maintenance dose of Eliquis would be considered treatment.

Which carriers DON'T consider it treatment?
Maybe another drug might fly, but Eliquis isn't very popular with the Med Supp carriers.

Maybe another drug might fly, but Eliquis isn't very popular with the Med Supp carriers.

I am aware of that, but also know the Auto-decline Drug List is not always inclusive. BFLIC/BFAC doesn't show it on their list but they do ask about "treatment" for Afib on the application. However they DON'T ask about DVT or PE which often results in an Rx for Eliquis.

I don't know if its still the case, but 11 years ago when I worked at Bankers, agents were able to clean sheet the medsupps pretty easily. Stuff like this happened all the time.

I am aware of that, but also know the Auto-decline Drug List is not always inclusive. BFLIC/BFAC doesn't show it on their list but they do ask about "treatment" for Afib on the application. However they DON'T ask about DVT or PE which often results in an Rx for Eliquis.
I have a feeling he is referring to Conseco's Bankers and not the Atlanta Bankers.

Back