BCBSFL Hos. / Surg.

Like it isn't all over the tube?
You can hock it; what the problem is?

Word is commission on that will be lower compared to the more benefit rich plans....

What else can you say?

$50 towards a doc visit, isn't cheesy--but hey it's like 1/2 of the oop of comparable plans

In broward county, for a 27 Male that plan is $87 a month.

$2500 oop max.

UHC Copay Select 10k 70/30 $68 per mo...

Humana Value 7500 oop $69 per mo.....

Pretty hard to beat.

Last edited:
Right, but my question is about the Hos. / Surgical aspect.

What about ambulatory care?

I received word from a bX rep. that if an insured went to an "independant lab," or something to this effect; they would pay only 75 or $150 for a lab or imaging( M.R.I) for eg.

That sounds a little sustect to me.

She also said if they went to a hospital that any ambulatory would not be covered.

It's free bloodwork if they go Qwest I beleive.

Also, it's 75 copay for X-Rays and 150-250 for MRI's, depending on the plan I think.

what do you mean by "ambulatory care"?

There isn't to many holes in that plan. However, they have been tight with underwriting for this plan from what I have noticed.

Yeah, what mm said.

Remember it is a hospital/surgical plan it doesn't really cover doctor visits, expect if it is for a hospitalization/surgery, so that's the BIG hole.

We have been selling lots of this plan. It is very reasonably priced for the benefits that it provides. I have first hand experience with the underwriting, we have been seeing much higher approval rates than on plans like the 500 series plans.

Back