Becoming a State Farm Agent

Good day to everyone. Thinking about becoming a State Farm agent here in the next couple of years. My agent mentor paints this great picture of how much money I can make, and how financially free I can be. Found these forums and now I hear it’s not the golden opportunity it once was. Also, a lot of the posts here are older. I’m sure things have changed to the agent’s favor. I’m really here because my agent won’t tell me the truth because he has money coming into his pocket if I become an agent. I hear about all the debt and how low commissions are these days in the new contract. I really just need some light shed on this situation and the honest truth. Is SF still a good idea? How does the contract look like? Is going indi better?

@Thenewguy1 It's as simple as this... Anyone can be successful if they are in the right environment. There are wildly successful State Farm agents and many that hated it, and came to the indy side as State Farm flunkies and are killing it as indy's.

Some may tell you its best to start as captive then move, others will tell you that you should start indy because you will end up here anyway.

I would say, if you have a source of mentorship Indy would be my recommendation every time, but if you are truly going it alone, you'll be a sheep among wolves.

If you are passionate about what you are doing and you are hungry, you'll do fine, but rest assured, it will be more difficult than any recruiter will ever tell you.

Seems there are SF agents everywhere. In my area two are diagonally across the street from each other and 3 more are within 2-3 miles of those 2.

Seems there are SF agents everywhere. In my area two are diagonally across the street from each other and 3 more are within 2-3 miles of those 2.

Takes a fair amount of offices & agents to sell & service the 85M policies they have nationally. Guessing you are in decent size town in Georgia, so they likely have many offices & a ton of clients

Back