Becoming an Independent Insurance Agent

Re: Becoming a health insurance agent

Golden Rule is a good solid company. I have represented them for years with no issues at all. Unlike when I was a Mega rep....WOAH!

I was wondering what anyone might think about aflac.i have recently been recruited by them and i have heard good and bad things about them. i am really trying to be a broker and work on my own and maximize my potential in both the health and life markets. if anyone has any advice on what companies to get appointed with please let me know.

I was wondering what anyone might think about aflac.i have recently been recruited by them and i have heard good and bad things about them. i am really trying to be a broker and work on my own and maximize my potential in both the health and life markets. if anyone has any advice on what companies to get appointed with please let me know.

Refer to the search function on this forum. Probably someone has posted about AFLAC before :)

I also represent AFLAC as an independent agent and there are a few things that I like about them.

1. Product design. For the most part, their products are designed pretty well.

2. Pricing: The price points are fairly competitive for what you get,

3. Brand recognition: They do enough advertising that people are familiar with them and it makes employees comfortable with what they are getting fairly easy.

Now the don't like list:

1. Meetings: Just like Mega/NASE, I am supposed to go to weekly meetings and I never go. I have not been to a single one. I don't see the need for sales hype meetings.

2. Training: Next to Mega, they have the worst training program I have seen.

3. AFLAC agents smell like a stereotypical "Insurance Agent" if you understand what that means. Everything you have ever seen about a pushy insurance sales person seems to fit the mold for how the AFLAC agents present themselves. When I started in this business, I refused to become what I hate and that is pretty much it.

4. Technology: They are in the stone age but try to act like they are on the cutting edge of technology. For every other copmany I work with I can do applications over the phone with web conferencing but not with AFLAC. It makes them not really efficient time wise for me to sell.

Other agents on this board may have different opinions and experiences with them but this is just my 2 cents.

Only thing AFLAC is good for is a weight loss plan with all the B2B they expect you do from 8-5 and the comissions are pathetic and they want to to buy $2500 laptop with "special" software. Not worth the time or money. This is not offend anyone but just from personal experience.

:no:

Hi - I just found and subscribed to this thread. You've done an awesome job providing the information. I wish I hadda known alot of this about a year ago. It woulda saved me alot of time and heartache, but I guess some things just have to be learned the more difficult way.

Thanks so much!!

Only thing AFLAC is good for is a weight loss plan with all the B2B they expect you do from 8-5 and the comissions are pathetic and they want to to buy $2500 laptop with "special" software. Not worth the time or money. This is not offend anyone but just from personal experience.

:no:
I totally agree with you. They operate a bit like Mega/Health Markets/NASE does by preying on new agents with no experience. If you don't know any better, you have no idea what the shortcomings are.
The bottom line is the you don't know what you don't know as a new agent.

Back