Benicare . . . .thoughts?

I don't know - I just keep hearing how a lot of people are so sold on him. I try to tell them that his programs will not be "free" if ever implemented, and these people seem to really think that all of this stuff can be done & actually be paid for somehow without them paying anything extra in taxes or other fees . . . .

these people seem to really think that all of this stuff can be done & actually be paid for somehow without them paying anything extra in taxes or other fees . . . .

From NY's Single payer proposal:

No income tax on the first $25,000, tax of 9 percent on income between $25,001 and $50,000, graduating to 16 percent tax for income over $200,000 (80% employer paid, 20% employee paid, in theory). Separate, yet equal, tax on dividends, interest, and capital gains (100% paid by the individual) so they can hit the upper class twice. They are happy to point out how high earners will effectively subsidize everyone else...

This is in addition to standing taxes, of course. IMO, it's just what care costs, and I'd expect a similar tax would be required for any given single payer program hoping to offer coverage equivalent or better than existing plans.

They bury these figures, it's not even in the law, you have to dig through a 55-page commissioned study to get the figures.

The problem is that capitalism isn't an ideology. It is a free market, natural method of commerce. Marx gave it a name so he could demonize it. It also wasn't concocted by some *** who cut and pasted things he stole from early communists, Hegel, Christianity, and various other economic theories. Capitalism is a common sense approach to commerce.

Marxism is an ideology based of a severely flawed economic theory that ignores human nature, yet still tries to explain everything through that flawed lens. Unlike Marxists, there are no true adherents to capitalism. Capitalism is as close as it gets to natural economic law. Marxism is a contrivance of power that tries to reduce, then force, everything into its rigid, failed system. Marxists tend to be fanatical about the cult either because they have deluded themselves into believing its lies, and they need to be told what to believe, or because they see it as a vehicle for control over others. Capitalists are just people trying to make money.

This country was founded on a broad range of freedoms for the individual so naturally capitalism was the perfect economic model. The political system that evolved was a democratic republic The dominant religion was Christianity. Judeo-Christian morality influenced our laws and tempered our practice of a free market economy. Notice that the Left attacked Judeo-Christian morality first, because it was the enemy the Left most feared. Encouraging honesty, forgiveness, individuality, self-sufficiency, etc aren't conducive to gaining power through envy and hate. Antonio Gramsci believed that unless Judeo-Christian morality was supplanted in America, the revolution would fail. The Left's answer to Judeo-Christian morality was moral relativism. Once moral relativism took hold, they could rehabilitate even evil ideologies like Communism.

We mistakenly thought our battle with the Marxists/Communists was economic theory vs economic theory when it was morality vs. amorality. We know their economic theory is utterly ridiculous, and they know Judeo-Christian morality works. They also know that political correctness has paralyzed people with a toxic amoral fog. We have to clear that fog and restore some moral clarity or we can't defeat their totalitarian idiocy.

I wonder what the odds are of his plan costing more than the estimated $19.6 trillion over the next 10 years? Yes, that is a rhetorical question. We all know it would cost much more. The man and his followers are batsh1t crazy. Logic and reason left them many years ago.

I would take the over. Does Vegas do odds on CBO projections vs. reality? :D

Which country has the highest tax rate? - BBC News

This gives you an idea of what tax rates look like internationally. Countries that have all of the stuff that Bernie is proposing have higher taxes, but what they don't show here is there are ancillary taxes (sales taxes, etc.) that are outside of income tax that go to pay for their nationalized programs. I spoke to a Canadian on a cruise I took and his plane ticket from one side of Canada to the other was around $800 - about 60% of which was sales tax (his estimate). . . .

Back