Best plan pro ?

Thought I'd make an account to respond to your questions and comments. I made BPP.

@PhxSunsFan - If you want to check out what it's about, the site has more info, I'll spare you the marketing mumbo jumbo. Big headlines, it does medications and conditions, we don't trade, sell your data, or try to recruit you (many others can't say that), and it stays up to date.

There are some other options, but there are tradeoffs.

Our most vehement supporters are seasoned agents (5-10k/month) who use it for cross-selling and organization (they hand off their case file to a team member). It's like using a calculator instead of pen and paper–there's a lot of good reasons to use it, I think, but I'm biased. You can be the judge (there's a 30 money back guarantee and a free trial).

@Hanger - Super open to fixes. I update the software pretty much weekly. We implement feature suggestions from customers (maximum monthly budget, showing all prices for a product family, quoting multiple plans at the same time, adding different carriers by request, etc). I try to get back to everyone within a business day. What we've heard is the vast majority of times when BPP is wrong, the client didn't disclose something. When something is wrong, it's usually fixed by the next update (very rarely will it take longer than that).

@tribetime32 - You're definitely right, BestPlanPro isn't 100% accurate (right now, we're well over 90% accurate with well over 100,000 repeatable tests). At the time of writing this post, If you listed CHF as a condition you would have gotten Graded for Trans (corresponds to Part 2 Question D) and, if you only listed it as a medication, there are certain drugs where if taken for >3 years for CHF, they no longer rate them.

Hope that gives some answers. If anyone has any more questions, feel free to tag me or visit the bestplanpro help page and ask.

Zach

Thanks for the feedback Zach! Keep up the good work! You are doing a wonderful service to the agents that are out on their own!

Thought I'd make an account to respond to your questions and comments. I made BPP.
@Hanger - Super open to fixes. I update the software pretty much weekly. We implement feature suggestions from customers (maximum monthly budget, showing all prices for a product family, quoting multiple plans at the same time, adding different carriers by request, etc). I try to get back to everyone within a business day. What we've heard is the vast majority of times when BPP is wrong, the client didn't disclose something. When something is wrong, it's usually fixed by the next update (very rarely will it take longer than that).

Zach

Thank you Zach for the response- that appears to be the hardest thing with a lot of the software applications out there, is that it is hard to get things rectified. The free trial seems to be a good option to check things out- and let others form their own opinions. Perhaps i will download it and give it a whirl to see myself.

That is interesting- did you report it and hear any feedback from it on them repairing or updating it? Just curious on how responsive they are for feedback like that.
Thanks

@Ric Craig
"did you put in all info accurately. That is usually the problem when it doesnt come out correctly."

"Its usually pilot error.. watch the tutorials prior to using the software and you should be over 90% accurate for each carrier"

I would let Zach above do the responses.

Since this is about the usefulness of BPP, thought I'd put it out there that you can now do Medsup and Term in addition to FEX. Term coming Jan 15, Med-Sup Available Now | BestPlanPro

There are still some caveats since it's still so new, but should be useful regardless. If you try those new features, reach out via the website's help page.

Hope that at least makes BPP more interesting, @PhxSunsFan !
Will it give both options after putting in the prospect info to see both right there, or do you select Term or FE up front? Seems like an interesting evolution though.

Yes, if you tell BPP to process any Term products (Term products will be checkboxes in the Products menu). Same with Medsup. Basically, you can check as many products as you want in the products menu (they're organized by product type) and your results will reflect all of those product and be organized by product type as well. We have this live for MedSup right now even though it isn't out for term just yet.

I am a Life agent. So I may start out thinking I am writing a person traditional and need to transition to SIWL regularly. So this could save me time on a phone call.
I will need to check your product list. I assume it is online. How received are you to adding companies?

I seem to remember that the pricing was a sticking point for me. As it was, as I remember, much higher than FEXquotes and Compulife. Is pricing going to change now that you are adding more options?

Thanks

Back