BGA VS Direct Contract?

Other than ANICO and Fidelity i don't think you can contract direct with the rest and be independent. I wouldn't contract direct unless you plan on doing a lot of business with that carrier.

To add to that you can contract direct with Guardian and JH. You can find higher comp via an IMO with Anico, but not all IMOs have that leverage.

----------

A direct contract is different than dealing directly with the carrier...

Exactly. Just because you are contracted through an IMO does not mean you cant contact the carrier directly and deal with them or access the website and check case status.

Now there are a lot of IMOs out there that will make you think you cant send it directly to the carrier. Ive had some freak out when I send business directly to the carrier and just copy them on it. I had an annuity upline that wanted me to fedex the app to them just so they could review it and then fedex it to the carrier. So basically they wanted to create a 4-6 day lag depending on how long it takes them to "review" the app and the shipping methods used... totally ridiculous.

Last edited:
With anico will anyone give you a 85-90% generic contract with no production requirements?Many Imo's give you 10% above street if you do just a little business . I find it so stupid to send apps to my imo with anico or American General and then they just forward it on. Yes you can send direct but they all want a copy and the all send the reports you get anyway from the web site. Most of the bga contracts with and Ag or anico are 120% are so.

Back