BNI Group

I was part of one a few years back. My group of professionals quite frankly sucked, and it was not very beneficial to me. However, I have known others that enjoyed it, and it worked out great for them.

It all depends on the group. The group I am in involved in is excellent for P&C but so so for life and health. If you join a group make sure the synergy is there. As a P&C agent I made sure there was a good realtor and mortgage broker in the group. Good luck.

I would agree with the others that said it depends on the group. I have been in BNI for about 8 years now, the last 2.5 as a P&C agent. My group has been great! At this point, I'm getting roughly $1000/month in commissions of new and renewal biz.
I know others that have had mixed success. One good friend was in a group for a few years and mainly got a handful of the people in the group and that was about it.

If I built a deck for a client, I might share their identity with a BNI group, but there's no way I would EVER share a client's identity given the financial nature of the relationship in a leads group of any kind.

BNI is great for asset based products or services; however, for Life Insurance or Disability, you are not going to get the same amount of referrals.

I also have a problem paying $700 to be part of "the family", and if you are not getting your money back in way of referrals, it is YOUR fault for not getting your message out.

Start your own independent referral group, and don't waste $700 a year for BNI nor PowerCore.

I had so-so success as a personal trainer several years ago in BNI.

I know of a big-time local Employee Benefits guy who has done outstanding that's been a member of BNI for decades.

BNI is great for asset based products or services; however, for Life Insurance or Disability, you are not going to get the same amount of referrals.

I also have a problem paying $700 to be part of "the family", and if you are not getting your money back in way of referrals, it is YOUR fault for not getting your message out.

Start your own independent referral group, and don't waste $700 a year for BNI nor PowerCore.

I did think about starting my own. I just don't know how to structure it. I may attend a BNI meeting to see how there flow is.

Meeting once per months seems a little too frequent to me? Would monthly gatherings have an impact?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Correction: "their" flow.

In case the spell check nazi see this.

Last edited:
Back