BNI

I just joined my local chapter of BNI, and it seems like each chapter is different. We are going through our 4 week new chapter orientation, that educates us on how to get the most out of BNI. I have already gotten 3 referals after only 2 weeks of going. I think the success of BNI is a direct reflection of the members in the chapter. If you get along with them, and build a good relationship, then you will get good referrals. We have a good group, I have heard horror stories of other groups.

Good luck! :1cute:

I joined in 1992 and had a great meeting this morning. In April when I came up for renewal, I chose the 2 year option. Needless to say, it has worked for me. You have to be willing to show up early (for the open networking time), stick around long enough to build relationships, and practice the "givers gain" mindset. I'm a believer and drink the Kool-aid every Wednesday morning. :D

BNI .. Ugh .. avoid like a plague before you catch their disease .. other than that it's harmless ..:twitchy:

I have been a BNI member and it worked well for me. I now am the president of a different networking group in this area because it was a better fit for me in many ways.

BNI was good but, as with all things, you only get what you put into it. You have to do it right to make it work. If you approach any networking opportunity with a "what can I do for you?" mindset, instead of a "what can you do for me?" attitude, you will eventually be successful.

The Network that I am a part of now is through Professional Network Connections (pnconnections dot org). I am not trying to sell you on it but just giving you a perspective on what is out there. We don't have Networks in every state but we're working on it! I use my position as president to invite those that I want to turn into referral sources to the meetings. It gives me a way in the door to develop relationships. The yearly fee is very low for this type of group and the marketing opportunities are wonderful. Each Network is also required to adopt a local charity. There are many benefits to any networking group, but like I said, it's what you put into it.

I didn't leave BNI because of anything negative, PNC was just a better fit for me. Instead of meeting once a week (which is tough to fit into my schedule), the Network I am in now meets twice a month (1st and 3rd Wednesdays). We are only 2 months old and already have 12 members and we have visitors at every meeting. We are having an open meeting in 2 weeks with 75 attending. Talk about a great networking opportunity! I love networking but it may not be for everyone. My goal is to help others grow, learn more about what I can do in business, and to build a referral base. It's that simple.

I hope this was helpful!
Have a great day!

Back