• Do you have any victories you'd like to share for the month of May? Help us celebrate others by posting here.

Books to Read?

Some of the books in my collection (some are not just "motivational", but just well written for our industry):

"Go for No" - Fenton & Waltz

Top Gun Prospecting & Top Gun Financial Sales by D. Scott Kimball (no relation to that other forum)

The Excellent Investment Advisor & The New Financial Advisor by Nick Murray

You can't teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar - David Sandler

High Touch Selling - John Savage

The Feldman Method - Ben Feldman

Start Where You Are - Chris Gardner

You Are The Product - Lester Anderson

The Incomparable Salesmen - Perrin Stryker

"Take It To The Next Level" series by Timothy E. Radden

That is cool how that displays!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You can't teach a kid to ride a bike at a seminar - David Sandler, Integrity Selling, and High Touch Selling - John Savage are must reads in my opinion.

All of the stuff by the late Burt Mesiel should be in every library.

Prospecting You Way to Sales Success by Bill Good is tremendous.

If you do seminars than you must read "Seminars - The Emotional Dynamic" by Maselli.

Last edited:
I like all the books from Jeffrey Gittomer. He's a hoot to read and more than a character at his seminars.

I like all the books from Jeffrey Gittomer. He's a hoot to read and more than a character at his seminars.

Yes he is good. However, I always have felt that sales books should have a little more "meat" or "substance" to them...

His stuff reads like fluff to me.

If you are looking for a motivational book to read I would definitely suggest reading Blink and the others that are by that author. I can't remember exactly who it is by, but it is extremely well-known and praised by all types of readers. You should definitely give it a read!

Malcom Gladwell, he also wrote The Outliers, I agree, awesome stuff. I saw him speak live, the guy's a genius.

If you are looking for a motivational book to read I would definitely suggest reading Blink and the others that are by that author. I can't remember exactly who it is by, but it is extremely well-known and praised by all types of readers. You should definitely give it a read!

The star bellied sneeches by Dr. Suess.

It's the only sales book that addresses the Sneech mentality.

I like all the other ones that have been listed too.

Back