Burnout.

The job is mind numbing in the best of circumstances, now its life sucking delirium. Cannot even get to new business because so much time spent dealing with re-quotes and random claim stuff that we really shouldn't be involved in. The people that know what they are doing are paid a mint so our office keeps going through people with little to no knowledge which actually creates more work for rest of us because they bounce right around the time, they are actually getting it.
New producers in theory should be killing it because not being stuck dealing with the servicing, they have states full of people begging to be quoted. Hell, I bet cold calling would work right now in PL. In Nevada all you have to do is contact any Allstate or GEICO client and I'd guarantee a lower rate elsewhere as long as clean MVR

New producers in theory should be killing it because not being stuck dealing with the servicing, they have states full of people begging to be quoted.

Ricky, thanks for pitching in, are you a commercial P&C producer?

Do you think a new producer has the proper support staff to write a plethora of new business currently? From what I'm seeing, many commercial P&C account managers are buried with non-renewals and remarketing of existing business. I think this can make it challenging for a new producer, as they rely on support staff significantly to keep them in line and afloat.

In NY, most of the big agencies are concentrating on BORs. Producers are being told remarketing is done, sell your renewals with the new terms and increases. Don't bother bringing in a new piece of business for a quote. Marketing dept is so busy with their non-renewals, it's 4 weeks before than can get a quote done. PL is largely the same, maybe a bit worst. Some smaller agencies are letting non-renewals run off as they don't have the staffing for them and the staff they have isn't up on the constant moratoriums etc.

Ricky, thanks for pitching in, are you a commercial P&C producer? Yes but I primarily focus on the bread-and-butter of PL home and auto.

Do you think a new producer has the proper support staff to write a plethora of new business currently?
I can only speak on our situation and the answer is no. The business is definitely there just not 6/7 out of 10 new quotes leading to a policy, more like 3/4 out of 10. That said there are far, far more calls coming in for quotes. Sadly, we the active producers can barely get to them in time due to the previously mentioned remarketing and servicing. It's tough to watch good new business dry up as the client is impatient and calls around waiting on us but we must try and protect our current clients. Praying for some stability in 2024 and until then just holding on through the storm

This thread exactly describes my last 3-4 years here in FL. 4-digit increases, rates doubling, tripling (or more!) term over term, not to mention constantly tightening UW and eligibility guidelines. Rates have never been higher and options have never been fewer. Even with our very decent support staff, the remarkets are unmanageable. And new business feels like a pipe dream.

So, all joking aside, yes the increases and non renewals are up and it's kind of a pain in the neck.

Most of this is being handled by the service staff, and at the end of the day, the premiums are up measurably, and my retention, oddly enough, is the highest it's ever been.

Part of it was luck, and part of it was good planning, but this situation is overall a huge net benefit for me. Many others are not so lucky.

So, all joking aside, yes the increases and non renewals are up and it's kind of a pain in the neck.

Most of this is being handled by the service staff, and at the end of the day, the premiums are up measurably, and my retention, oddly enough, is the highest it's ever been.

Part of it was luck, and part of it was good planning, but this situation is overall a huge net benefit for me. Many others are not so lucky.

Do you feel like your support staff has capacity for new business?

Back