Burnout.

Absolute burnout and I came from the medical field.
I had a a handful of investors I know and their plethora of properties I could write. I got through about 4 of those and now being cutoff from writing most commercial properties and thus trying non standard. Not an option. I work for a smaller agency and honestly we need more appointments with other carriers. I'm finding it hard to beat Erie on the personal side and maybe on the commercial side as well. I could go on and on about how no one in this field seems to have a sense of urgency about anything and more...
I've been in this about 18 months and I'm about to peace out!
If I had a nickel for every time I hear about someone getting into this business because they have all these leads and contacts, and then it doesn't work out - I'd be driving a DeLorean.

Absolute burnout and I came from the medical field.
I had a a handful of investors I know and their plethora of properties I could write. I got through about 4 of those and now being cutoff from writing most commercial properties and thus trying non standard. Not an option. I work for a smaller agency and honestly we need more appointments with other carriers. I'm finding it hard to beat Erie on the personal side and maybe on the commercial side as well. I could go on and on about how no one in this field seems to have a sense of urgency about anything and more...
I've been in this about 18 months and I'm about to peace out!

I hear ya. What do you think you'd pivot to if you left the field?

Oh you don't get your nickel commissions? Thats how I got mine. Youve gotta admit though, the last 18 months are a terrible time for a new producer lol
Coming in as a new producer and learning the bizz now is like learning to sail in a hurricane.

With a broker rudder.

And a mutinous crew.

While blindfolded.

And a hole in the boat.

I have been at this for about 12 years and I am getting burnt to a crisp. After dealing with an absolute cluster f*** of a natural disaster in 2020 these personal lines rate hikes are brutal. It isn't even as much the work as it is being just talked to like a scumbag for these policies going up. Admittedly retention is staying about the same and I have written quite a few new ones lately it's just exhausting having the same conversation 5-15x per day.
This! Exactly this!

Latest posts

Back