Buying a Laptop

What are opinions about screen size????

If you are taking it in the field get an ultra portable laptop with a 12 inch screen. Much easier to stick in your bag and and much easier to use on clutter kitchen table .If you work with seniors like I the smaller footprint is also less intimidating when you whip it out.Less of a production so you can start setting up before deal is done.If you need to capture signatures you might want to consider a tablet pc with a touch screen so you don't have to have a seperate signature pad.You can also scribble notes on a tablet pc while driving but i believe the touchscreen tablet pc with handwriting reconigtion are vista only.

One feature i wish my laptop had is backlit keyboard to be able to type without a light. The reason i chose the HP ultra portable was it was small ,lightweight , long battery time 8hrs and it has a tracking stick which i like to use more than the touch pad.

If you are taking it in the field get an ultra portable laptop with a 12 inch screen. Much easier to stick in your bag and and much easier to use on clutter kitchen table .If you work with seniors like I the smaller footprint is also less intimidating when you whip it out.Less of a production so you can start setting up before deal is done.If you need to capture signatures you might want to consider a tablet pc with a touch screen so you don't have to have a seperate signature pad.You can also scribble notes on a tablet pc while driving but i believe the touchscreen tablet pc with handwriting reconigtion are vista only.

One feature i wish my laptop had is backlit keyboard to be able to type without a light. The reason i chose the HP ultra portable was it was small ,lightweight , long battery time 8hrs and it has a tracking stick which i like to use more than the touch pad.

WOW what a toy youve got there. I wanted a tablet pc, i know of someone who has one, he uses it for day trading, and a sylus would be so much easier to use than a touch pad or mouse. Im looking for a cheap computer stylus, let me know if you guys find one!!!

One solution. Stop meeting clients in bars . . .

My next laptop will have a spillproof keyboard as well .The built in camera is also nice at certain gentlemen bars.

Seriously has anybody taking pictures of their clients , with their permission of course , with your laptop or cellphone so you can better remember them.

I currently make notes about the clients appearence or unusual behavior etc when i get home and these things really help me recall the actual personality of the person when I talk with them a year later or so.A picture would be great !

WOW what a toy youve got there. I wanted a tablet pc, i know of someone who has one, he uses it for day trading, and a sylus would be so much easier to use than a touch pad or mouse. Im looking for a cheap computer stylus, let me know if you guys find one!!!

I had a Tablet PC back before Vista. It was good in some ways but overall they are DOG SLOW running all your programs and some software won't work with them at all.

They seem to have gotten less popular than they were a few years ago so I assume they haven't gotten any better.

I keep reading about a Mac allowing for "more productivity". Can anyone elaborate on this? I use a XP machine and find it to work well.

Thanks.

I keep reading about a Mac allowing for "more productivity". Can anyone elaborate on this? I use a XP machine and find it to work well.

Thanks.

I use a Mac but I think that the "productivity" claim is specious. A computer will be as productive as YOU are. Because Mac software is most often designed around a common set of universal interface "rule" there is often less of a learning curve... and since the operating system comes with so many utilities, software developers can "lean" on these and incorporate them into their programs such that most Mac programs feel "alike."

Finally, there is excellent integration between the hardware and the operating system such that so many things that have Mac compatibility simply work out of the box.

When you buy a printer or scanner and it says it is compatible with the Mac you can be pretty sure that it is plug and play out of the box. Not so with Windows all the time... and virtually NEVER with Linux.

The main reason people like Macs is because they don't crash and the hardware is well made such that they have a longer MTBF than the cheap crap that Dell or HP use.

Al

Back