Buying inbound live transfers for MA ?

policywunk

Guru
Any recommendation on where to start.? What is the average cost in AEP? Just for giggles today i called number on call center TV ad (barington marketing/BMG ) and the agent answering the phone was a captive agent with Humana which i thought was interesting.

I did it a few years ago. I put maybe $500 into an account and turned it on. Calls started coming in pretty quickly and I hated it. It’s not my style to work with people who are on Medicare and are tricked into thinking they are “missing out on benefits that they are entitled to”.

I burned through that $500 in a couple of days and never looked back. Actually, I think I used up $350 and called it quits. I left money in the account but have no idea who it was with.

I’m sure some could make some money with it but I don’t need or want leads.

But look at the commercials on tv . Starting July 10 th they cracked down . I’ve listened to 4-5 commercials the last 1 month . I didn’t hear any that said “ money back on your check “ . I didn’t hear any that said $2 k dental , vision etc . They just said “ you might qualify for extra benefits . Also as far as incoming calls you call so immediate soa . Several outfits have said that’s not the case . Cms never said that . Somebody 3 weeks ago posted response to letter he sent to cms . The letter said “ only physical walk ins” can get immediate soa . I’m expect Cms clarification before aep .

Any recommendation on where to start.? What is the average cost in AEP? Just for giggles today i called number on call center TV ad (barington marketing/BMG ) and the agent answering the phone was a captive agent with Humana which i thought was interesting.

Yeah i hear you but was thinking that with the new marketing rules it may be more viable. I think i am going to give it a try

I don't have TV so I don't know what the TV ads are like.

Are you looking at something where people are calling from US TV ads, or something where overseas call centers are gathering info and transferring.

I get 8-15 calls a day on my land line. I have to believe at least 50 percent of those are the "missing out on benefits I'm entitled to" type of Medicare calls. If I was an agent, I think I would feel a bit "iffy" about buying those particular "leads".

I don't have TV so I don't know what the TV ads are like.

Are you looking at something where people are calling from US TV ads, or something where overseas call centers are gathering info and transferring.

I get 8-15 calls a day on my land line. I have to believe at least 50 percent of those are the "missing out on benefits I'm entitled to" type of Medicare calls. If I was an agent, I think I would feel a bit "iffy" about buying those particular "leads".

Contrary to my comment. If agents didn’t make money on these leads, there wouldn’t be any tv ads. You can make money. Just not me.

But look at the commercials on tv . Starting July 10 th they cracked down . I’ve listened to 4-5 commercials the last 1 month . I didn’t hear any that said “ money back on your check “ . I didn’t hear any that said $2 k dental , vision etc . They just said “ you might qualify for extra benefits . Also as far as incoming calls you call so immediate soa . Several outfits have said that’s not the case . Cms never said that . Somebody 3 weeks ago posted response to letter he sent to cms . The letter said “ only physical walk ins” can get immediate soa . I’m expect Cms clarification before aep .

I did see a TV ad last week that talked about part B rebate in North fl .This was ad i saw today on CNBC i dont think it mentioned rebate plans though. When i called that 800-690-7945 it was answered by a Humana agent. So i guess Humana is marketing without using the Humana name ?

CNBC_20230717_130000_Squawk_on_the_Street_003118.jpg

TBH I dont know how profitable one can be on inbound medicare leads. They’re more expensive than most other leads, and what if you close 10% of those leads? You'll go broke. I personally haven’t done live transfers for medicare, but I have for life which obviously has much more wiggle room. One life sale paid for 20 live transfers. Maybe someone here has regularly worked medicare live transfers and can chime in.

Back