CA 65 Female-Bipolar & Not on Meds-Options for Life?

You are going to have to find out if she stopped those meds or did the doctor stop them. If you tells you she's not on meds, you don't put it down and then it shows up on a script check, you'll have some splainin' to do!

She stopped them. About 2 years ago. According to her the Lamictal was her choice.

How far back do they go on script check?

Last edited:
She stopped them. About 2 years ago. According to her the Lamictal was her choice to take or not. Doesn't sound good to me, but its up to underwriting guidlines.

How far back do they go on script check?

She is ok I would assume for final expense?

With SI/FE type policies the app is your guide. JD or one of the other FE agents can probably point you in the right direction. Another option is have someone like Todd or Mark find the company for you. It will be a nice case and issue a lot faster than LTC.

I would have to go with Wino on this one. It sounds like a SI case all the way. No exam and no APS to worry about. Most of them will let you do the phone interview on the spot, so if she is ok for the app, then just go right to the phone interview and get her approved.

I would have to go with Wino on this one. It sounds like a SI case all the way. No exam and no APS to worry about. Most of them will let you do the phone interview on the spot, so if she is ok for the app, then just go right to the phone interview and get her approved.

I am leaning that way too. Hopefully she finds it attractive enough.

Although she didn't have health insurance, other than medicare. Didn't want to tell me her health history, seemed suprised she was on SSD for bi-polar. So its tough to predict.

Last edited:
Monumental is a good FE for mental disorders if they are over age 50.

Settlers Silver plan is another good one.

Back