Canvassing Businesses

GeorgeSolomon

I canvass business almost every day. About 3 out of the 5 days in a week. Here and there I get some people who are coincidentally looking for a life insurance or critical illness policy so I close some deals because of that. I mainly find group benefit leads. However, I want to know if anyone has a specific method of getting appointments and what presentation they use on the appointment. I have a presentation about critical illness, however, I want one that is mainly for LIFE INSURANCE. Please advise a young broker.

THANKS,

Naturally, the guy that sells leads will say it's a waste of time. Canvassing is all I've ever done. It's fun and it works.

Naturally, the guy that sells leads will say it's a waste of time. Canvassing is all I've ever done. It's fun and it works.

Same here. If he's only sold 2 policies in many years of canvassing, then he must not be very good at it! Hell, you trip over more apps than that canvassing.:skeptical:

If the sign on the door (or building) says no soliciting, do you go in anyway?

Of course. The worse they can do is ask you to leave.

Or......

Say...."Sorry, I thought it said 'No Smoking'". Start to turn for the door then turn back saying..."can I at least leave a card"?

I don't canvas businesses, just houses. Lots of houses have No Solicitors signs on the door and I ignore them. I 've only had a handful of people say "can't you read the sign"? I then tell them that I'm not a solicitor...I'm a salesman.:yes:

Back