Captive Agent Selling Other Carriers "on the Side"

When I approached the office person today, I was told that the captive guy came over the next day and referred the business to his "partner". His collateral had been removed from the office. She said that she would give out both my card and the partners'. I really don't believe her. If she had phoned me and been a little more up front with me, I would think differently.

I love it...He is captive and his "partner" is not.

What am I missing here? My understanding of CMS rules is if that doctor allow's one agent brochure, card etc., then he has to allow all. It's all or none.

What am I missing here? My understanding of CMS rules is if that doctor allow's one agent brochure, card etc., then he has to allow all. It's all or none.

The doc's office WILL allow the various plans that they accept without discrimination. The carrier information is handed out to the dropping- carrier patients, but I'm thinking that she'll still give out only the captive's cards to those patients. I just didn't get a sincere vibe off of the tattooed heifer.

It's because you're not positioning yourself correctly. I'm assuming and I can be wrong - hence the the operative word - assuming.

It's because you're not positioning yourself correctly. I'm assuming and I can be wrong - hence the the operative word - assuming.

I'm not sure that I get what you're saying. The other guy was there first. I think that he gained this girl's confidence. If he recommended another to take his place, I think that she might be inclined to follow his advice. It will take a few trips to this office to possibly win her confidence.

Back