Carrier moved from PID to NPN # Anyone One Else Having Issues

Patty Cake

Expert
One of my carriers moved from the PID agent number to the NPN#. So happens that an agent in California NPN's number was my PID number with this carrier. They paid him all of my AEP business. I contacted the state manager here and they got me finally paid on my AEP in March of 2022. Now they have totally messed up my book of business. They have not paid me for the business I have written this year (apps done thru the software and a confirmation email sent back to me-even a PDP app on myself) and my renewals for two months. I have my IMO and State Manager with them working on the issue. Has anyone else experience this nightmare with the carrier? State manager has indicated to commissions I am about ready to file a complaint with Medicare. I'm sure if I did file a complaint, I will be black balled.

I am about ready to file a complaint with Medicare.

Why Medicare? Seems to me the KY DOI is the place to go.

Why do you think you will be blackballed for asking for what you have earned? Carriers are not allowed to withhold earned commissions absent indebtedness.

Are you captive with this carrier?

Thank you for your response somarco. No, I am not captive with anyone. I mentioned Medicare because the state manager had mentioned to the commission department that I was ready to file a complaint with Medicare. A friend of mine works from home for one carrier and has worked for other major carriers. She indicated that I would be black balled from what she knows working on the inside of companies.

Here's something to think about. If you have to go so far as to file a complaint to Medicare, do you really want to continue selling for that company?

The complaint would not blackball you from other companies though...no. :no:

One of my carriers moved from the PID agent number to the NPN#. So happens that an agent in California NPN's number was my PID number with this carrier. They paid him all of my AEP business. I contacted the state manager here and they got me finally paid on my AEP in March of 2022. Now they have totally messed up my book of business. They have not paid me for the business I have written this year (apps done thru the software and a confirmation email sent back to me-even a PDP app on myself) and my renewals for two months. I have my IMO and State Manager with them working on the issue. Has anyone else experience this nightmare with the carrier? State manager has indicated to commissions I am about ready to file a complaint with Medicare. I'm sure if I did file a complaint, I will be black balled.
Auch !! It will take from your time, but start with the insurance company, and if they don't resolve, follow the road of authority, or send simultaneous letter to all of them, same, with same explanation in it and people above you will communicate by the same page. Include the insurance company as well and write " with a copy to:" This works very fast. They even will not bother you. Just if needed. They will inform you. The Administration is there to serve their citizens!

Correct Todd, thanks for your response. I am going thru all statements now and sending an excel sheet to upline and state managers with the carrier. We have been trying to solve this since January 2022. I am also submitting a ticket thru the agent portal on each client. Submitted 12 today only.

I have had the same issue - Wellcare right? Still trying to get paid on a bunch of business with them. Since the centene takeover there's been a lot of issues with them

I was informed today that they have got me straightened out and I will be paid Friday. WE will see. Two I wrote this year (one was my PDP) still is not showing up on book of business and still have not been paid for. Thank God I keep an excel sheet of clients during the AEP on staying or new apps because it would be me taking their word. At least I have a record of my business.

Back