Cell Phone -or- Landline 4 Your Biz ???

To back up what's been stated:

In many cases doing business by cell has an unprofessional ring to it. I know when I'm talking to someone on a cell and yes, to me that insinuates instablity.

Maybe it's an outdated or old fashioned business concept but I beleve in using a land line. For those of you using cells - we can tell it's a cell.

The problem is this: you don't know how much business you lose since those are the people you simply don't get back in touch with. And it's not like you can call 'em back on down the road and ask "hey...why didn't you do business with me?"

I see a lot of agents struggling, yet you call them - they never answer - never; 10am - 3:30, 5pm - you hit their VM.

They are "call screeners" and would rather stare at their caller ID then simply answer their phone.

Professional message? No - you hit things like:

"the voicemailbox of the person you are trying to reach is not set up"
"this voice mailbox is full"
"Hey, this is Brian - you know what to do."

etc.....

We really all get paid in the direct proportion to what we deserve (or demand) to be paid.

Those that have the cell, never answer, screen calls, unprofessional message... what do you think they are making...? I would imagine most folks wouldn't want to trade paychecks with them...

Professionalism and consistency is where it is at... Depends somewhat on the industry someoe is in... If a guy is a contractor and uses a cell phone, most folks are happy that they can reach him, in spite of a garbled cell call. If someone is calling their Ins agent, I think they expect (and desrerve) better.

Likewise with using a cheap headset with either an echo or making it sound like you're on speaker - which comes across as rude to your client.

If you want to use a headset - call a few friends and make sure it's very clear. I've called quite a few agents and asked "hey, can you take me off speaker?" They reply - you're not on speaker, I'm using a headset."

Latest posts

Back