Charging a Fee for Insurance Advice

Yeah, twice now this month this monkey calls my home office between 7-8 repeatedly with little problems. It's more annoying than time intensive, since it's mostly stuff I'd just transfer monkey to the company after telling X what to say. Billing, for example. I'm about ready to say call once please, or please don't.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, billing seems to be the #1 question for IFP"s right now. 1/3 to 1/2 of enrollments have had some issues.

Giving the enrollee a sheet of instructions to follow post enrollment with the #to call to make first payment, & a warning to call the carrier within 3-5 days, especially if they don't receive a bill right away. They need to confirm with carrier to be sure their mailing address is correct. Apartment #'s sometimes drop out of the system.

Next, let them know that their ID card won't work at the doc's until they make the first payment--some carriers have sent them out right away. There can be time delays between payment and card activation. That is on the top of the list for issues I've had.

Notice can be emailed or mailed, too.

I am going to design this doc right now....one of the enrollement team at my FMO has this already, will see if I kept a copy...

Old message from a customer service development workshop: "When you have a problem, turn it into a procedure".

Billing is an issue, even for 1/1 eff dates.

I can understand carriers having problems with subsidized apps but why they are still having issues with off exchange baffles me.

Save those notices as email sigs for quicksend. This was aig though. After a policy replacement there was apparently a Mystery Pending 2x.xx charge on CC, unexplainable by the Manila customer service rep, probably because it wasn't there charge at all. I was annoyed as hell when I found I had called AIG to investigate a still pending charge. I haven't heard back, so I'm assuming the charge was accounted for, probably as a psychiatric copay monkey forgot about. Thank goodness I didn't let him go on Medicaid and have to change doctors...

My chi must be strong. 10 app call today. A nice couple found my site searching around. (Assurant2500+dental+AEP+fidelityADB+CI)x2

Back