Chrome Overtakes Explorer

Crabcake Johnny

Guru
5000 Post Club
Maryland
By Tarmo Virki

HELSINKI (Reuters) - Google Inc's Chrome web browser overtook Microsoft Corp's Internet Explorer (IE) to become market leader globally for the first time last Sunday, web analytics firm StatCounter said on Wednesday.

"While it is only one day, this is a milestone," said Aodhan Cullen, StatCounter's chief executive.

Google Chrome vs. Internet Explorer: Microsoft's Browser Loses Weekend Download Battle

...as I've predicted for a few years, once everyone who's over 50 and still using IE dies, Chrome will likely have about 70% of the market for browsers.

By Tarmo Virki

HELSINKI (Reuters) - Google Inc's Chrome web browser overtook Microsoft Corp's Internet Explorer (IE) to become market leader globally for the first time last Sunday, web analytics firm StatCounter said on Wednesday.

"While it is only one day, this is a milestone," said Aodhan Cullen, StatCounter's chief executive.

Google Chrome vs. Internet Explorer: Microsoft's Browser Loses Weekend Download Battle

...as I've predicted for a few years, once everyone who's over 50 and still using IE dies, Chrome will likely have about 70% of the market for browsers.

Gee. I thought everybody used Mozilla's FireFox.

I use Chrome. I literally can't figure out how to use any other type of browser now without calling for help. I love it and it also has the IE tab thingy/window. Probably the only thing I'm any good at with a computer is Chrome.

Chrome: Go here - "ok."

Firefox: Go here - "ummmm...............ok."

Explorer: Go here - "go where? Did something just tell us to go to an address? sh*t, gotta think. Uh oh, they just clicked 3 more times, I guess they really want us to go there...."

Just curious...If I download and add Chrome...Will it take up a lot of space on my laptop? I use Firefox and use IE ONLY when I'm using HealthConnect since that won't work with Firefox.

Also...if you have BOTH FF and Chrome going at the same time, will that slow things up? And (almost done)...I use the SEOBook toolbar and the AddThis as well. Are they compatible with Chrome?

Thanks.

I find that FF renders sites a bit better on my iMac than Chrome. And I find the font on the Chrome drop-down lists (folder-bookmarks) to be too small to read and looks... well... amateurish compared the FF.

Also, some of you might not know but Chrome has some issues using certain SSL layers and validating some certificates. I don't know why and I know they have been working on the issue for a while and maybe it is solved now.

Finally, I have a certain "feel good" thing with FF. It's done by a bunch of volunteers who simply "love" their product. Chrome is by "do no evil" Google.... yeah right! In my mind Google is the new Microsoft... abusive, arrogant, and avaricious.

YMMV.

Does Google track you through he use of Chrome? I have quit using any Google service which requires a sign in as a matter of principal.

Latest posts

Back