Closing Ratios in Health ?

Todd Preston

Expert
Hi Friends,

Was hoping i could ask you guys a question on the Health Ins. Biz. I am newly licensed in Fla. and just getting started as an Indy.

I am trying to make 30-40k this year and am willing to spend time, effort to get there. My goal is to sign up 75-100 people this year (yeah...i know its a little ambitious but i'm gonna try).

Anyway, trying to figure out how many calls i need to get there. I know that a certain amount of ppl will not qualify or won't be able to afford it...so an idea of what's needed on the front end (marketing $, number of contacts, etc) would be a great help.

Could someone tell me briefly, what the numbers have been for you in the past regarding Leads to Closing? How many calls you get or make before 1 closes?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

~T

Last edited:
Just getting started as an Indy? This is a very fluid time in the Indy Health market. What may or not work now might be different in 30-60 days.

Be familiar with all of the changes in your state along with the finer details of your Exchange. It will be critical.

Just getting started as an Indy? This is a very fluid time in the Indy Health market. What may or not work now might be different in 30-60 days.

Be familiar with all of the changes in your state along with the finer details of your Exchange. It will be critical.

Close rates are 75% lower in Ohio.

"Is that per month?"

Thanks Chumps....where would be the best place to study that Obama Care Exchange?

Look through the Health Care Reform forum here. There are a lot of agents here that know more about this stuff than the people who passed the law.

You are going to have to sell a lot of policies to make a living selling only IFP health in this climate. Most of us are expanding other revenue streams right now due to the uncertainty. This may be lucrative to agents positioned correctly, or it may make some of us starve.

Back