Cms issued letter today . Doing secret shopping and unhappy

It's all part of the takeover of the Healthcare industry. Medicare does not want Medicare Advantage Plans. The more people on Medicare Advantage, the less people needed at CMS. Government doesn't want to shrink, it wants to grow. CMS views Medicare Advantage as a competitor.
First they limited commissions. Then the put the Scope of Appointment rule in effect. Then they added the recording and disclosure rule.
Just constantly making it harder to transact business.
Now I'm receiving unsolicited advertising from Medicare to go to their website to choose a plan. And you can enroll on their website.
I have a client who called Medicare direct to get info and the person on the phone was trying to push Clover! Not multiple choices...one plan!
Something is fishy and it smells like CMS (Crusty Moldy Shit)

Medicare does not want Medicare Advantage Plans.

It's actually going the other way . . . as a way of saving money.

Look at what private industry has done . . . eliminating retiree health insurance plans and replacing them with retiree HRA.

By funneling folks into MA plans CMS has more control over future costs. It's like converting DB pension plans into Money Purchase that has now become the 401k.

Managing a health insurance plan is labor intensive and one where the government bears the risk. Transforming it to a money purchase system, DC has better control over their money and can decrease funding almost at will. When that happens, carriers have to tighten benefits and direct costs (commissions) up, or charge beneficiaries more, or both.

Congress has done about as much as it can to shore up SS but now they have to be more aggressive and find ways to reduce payout to active and future beneficiaries.

They found a way to "save" Medicare and are now working on ways to do likewise with SS.

But at the same time welfare programs are expanding and will continue to do so.

DC has built a plantation system where increasing numbers rely on the government for assistance. Currently, 89 million are on Medicaid and 59 million collect welfare . . . there is obviously some overlapping there, but still large numbers.

Obamacare was supposed to shift most of the uninsured to Medicaid, but it didn't work out that way. As Medicaid rolls grow rural hospitals close but so do metro hospitals, just not in as large numbers. Metro hospitals have been closing OB and ER departments at a faster clip in the last few years. Smaller metro hospitals are closing and consolidating, primarily because of Medicaid.

Agents are just pawns in a $1 trillion of wealth business . Go look at the stocks of the mapd co’s . United,Humana etc near all time highs . United alone woth over $500 billion . Humana gave me $5k “marketing” money for aep. There giving more money in mid Dec depending on your vol .Its non taxable and they put in your account to do as you please with it .All these medicare co’s sucking off the tit of Uncle Sam . The greed is staggering

what drives me crazy is when I look at a Humana member’s EOB for , let’s say a MRI, and after all the discounts that Humana slaps on the provider’s charges, it turns out that the member pays more out of pocket towards the MRI than Humana. The members $150 co-pay is more than what Humana pays towards it. That’s not right!

Back