Cold Calling Final Expense

$500,000 ap per year? Nice job........ you should write a book.

Yeah, that equals $32,500 in my pocket at the end of a year...I'm real rich. :twitchy: Have to write life and health just to break even. And, even though I QUOTE $10k in any given week, doesn't mean I close it. I have a LOT to learn.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I hate phone prospecting. I much prefer going door to door (to businesses, not private residences).

You sound like one of the few who have learned the "secret" to successfully marketing the product you sell.

Agents ask me all of the time, how many hours do you have to call or how many people do you have to talk to? My pat answer is what ever it takes.

They are looking for something like, for every 100 calls you will get 7.68 appointments. For every 7.68 appointments you will sell 4.36 policies. There is no formula that can be applied to everyone.

Each agent's phone skills are different. Those who have mastered the phone will have different results than those who struggle on the phone. The initial phone call is the single most important part of the entire sales process. Nothing supersedes the initial phone call in importance.

There are so many other factors that come into play on any given day that determine how successful the agent will be on that day. The weather can play a huge roll in an agent's degree of success on any given day. When the weather is such that the agent doesn't want to leave the office then prospects aren't going to want to leave home either. That makes them easier to get a hold of.

I only have one goal, to be successful. If one is serious about that then they will, like DEGRI, do whatever it takes.

Last edited:
Working....... nice to talk to you this evening though.

Working as in "it takes you working, Dee, to get me to contact you;" OR

I was working that's why I made you wait several days, Dee?

It was my pleasure speaking with you tonight.:goofy:

When the people say they are all set. Ask them if the policy that they own is in a Trust, because if it isn't you are throwing your money away. Most final expense policies are not sold with a Funeral Trust as the owner. Settlers life sells their policies in a Funeral Trust. Check out the Medicaid recovery Act, google it. If a person goes into a nursing home and Medicaid pays for it, upon their death Medicaid will recover their cost from all assets of this person and one of the assets that will be recovered is the death benefit of their policy unless it is in a Funeral Trust!

When the people say they are all set. Ask them if the policy that they own is in a Trust, because if it isn't you are throwing your money away. Most final expense policies are not sold with a Funeral Trust as the owner. Settlers life sells their policies in a Funeral Trust. Check out the Medicaid recovery Act, google it. If a person goes into a nursing home and Medicaid pays for it, upon their death Medicaid will recover their cost from all assets of this person and one of the assets that will be recovered is the death benefit of their policy unless it is in a Funeral Trust!

That is easily fixed by having someone else own the policy, you don't need a funeral trust or a lame recruiting attempt to make it happen

Latest posts

Back