Cold Calling Final Expense

try tiproute.com those guys do a good job they even knocked off $10 each of my preset appointments and replaced my no shows i have no complaints yet lol
no-spam.jpg

I guess I really didn't not mean "selling system" per se but more a turnkey "blueprint for success" as it relates to sellling final expense by cold calling for final expense sales. It to me that handling the objections to someone saying "I am all set" becomes a huge challenge to overcome. Perhaps cold calling final expense is not the best route to go long term and other methods like buying direct mails leads is a more cost-effective way to go. I am in a position to purchase direct mail leads if it makes more sense, but getting 5-10 pieces back from a 1,000 piece drop doesn't seem that cost effective either, unless of course you close at least 3 of them from a ROI perspective. I am just trying to go the route that will make me the most money just like everyone else.

In my opinion you need to have a variety of other products to offer. It appears you are giving them a reason to say I am all set. Surely there is something that they are not ALL SET on! What about a critical illness plan, medicare suppliment, etc. Next be an educator rather than a seller. Knock on the door, or call and explain that you are there, or wanting to come by and provide them with answers concerning their Final Expenses. Assume that they already have their Final Expense in place. Let them know that you are taking it on yourself to review their coverages, and answer any questions they may have. Leave the door open when you get the appointment to sell other products to them if you need to.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
When I was cold calling for a "medicare review" as that company put it, I had to cold call Mondays 4-6 hours & hopefully get enough appts for Tues-Thurs. Didn't always work. Sometimes I got very few answered phones or lots of either a no or a hang up! :goofy:
Old Fashioned Door knocking is the best cold calling IMO.

Last edited:
I do it day in and day out until I hit at least 10k AP. Start at 9am on Monday morning and hope to be done by Thursday. Quote in the evenings from home.

When yall cold call, how many hours at a time do you do it?

and how many hours a day do you do it?

I do it day in and day out until I hit at least 10k AP. Start at 9am on Monday morning and hope to be done by Thursday. Quote in the evenings from home.

You sound like one of the few who have learned the "secret" to successfully marketing the product you sell.

Agents ask me all of the time, how many hours do you have to call or how many people do you have to talk to? My pat answer is what ever it takes.

They are looking for something like, for every 100 calls you will get 7.68 appointments. For every 7.68 appointments you will sell 4.36 policies. There is no formula that can be applied to everyone.

Each agent's phone skills are different. Those who have mastered the phone will have different results than those who struggle on the phone. The initial phone call is the single most important part of the entire sales process. Nothing supersedes the initial phone call in importance.

There are so many other factors that come into play on any given day that determine how successful the agent will be on that day. The weather can play a huge roll in an agent's degree of success on any given day. When the weather is such that the agent doesn't want to leave the office then prospects aren't going to want to leave home either. That makes them easier to get a hold of.

I only have one goal, to be successful. If one is serious about that then they will, like DEGRI, do whatever it takes.

So you prospect all day and get the needed info, and then you return with a proposal and hope to close the deal? Why dont you do the proposal right there on the spot? Just curious. Thanks for your reply.

I am not spamming why waste all that time calling people when there is a good company out there is all i am saying...lets be real cold calling sucks majorly and instead of calling for 7-8 hrs 3-4 times a week wouldnt we rather be selling instead...i know i would but maybe that is just me. Maybe you dont like making money, maybe you like wasting your time.
What?? Another agent sharing a good lead source..:nah:

what is wrong with sharing a good lead source i was just answering the question. Tiproute leads are good. And we all know how rare that is especially with internet companies these days. Maybe they are good cause a lot of people havent heard of them yet?!?
Are you an agent? Or do you work for them?

I am an agent I work for united health and life llc

Last edited:
what is wrong with sharing a good lead source i was just answering the question. Tiproute leads are good. And we all know how rare that is especially with internet companies these days. Maybe they are good cause a lot of people havent heard of them yet?!?

Nothing is wrong with sharing a lead source with agents..I guess agents will find out now if the source is good or not..:yes:

...what is wrong with sharing a good lead source...

Absolutely nothing. However, it has been shown here, over and over again that "good" and "lead source" is an oxymoron.

Usually the only people who post here saying they have found a "good lead source" are people who are trying to sell leads.

I agree that some may be better than others at least for a while but are there any really good ones for any appreciable length of time?

I welcome any and all to post the name of the "good source" and define what they mean by "good". I have yet to find a "good one" for the senior market other than the leads I generate myself. It sure hasn't been direct mail or internet leads, at least not for Med Supps.

Back