Cold Calling for Cowards

Yes, Harry Browne's book is a must read. He really simplifies the process and shows how anyone can learn sales. He debunks most of the popular myths about selling, such as being a "smooth talker," how you need to be spilling over with enthusiasm all the time, and how "positive thinking" is an unrealistic fallacy. No kidding. You'll love this book if you haven't read it before. Sales success doesn't come from selling people things they don't want, it comes from finding their needs by having good listening skills. And much more.

I don't think this guy read the book, but he's really selling a show and experience, not the cleaner. I'd pay the $40 - just for the show and consider the cleaner a free bonus!

This kind of "fast smooth talking" works great for small ticket items, not insurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I was interested in learning more about the sales process I would have passed except he ended our conversation with something along the lines of 'it's OK for you to say No, I have lots of others waiting to sign up for this'. I thought for a minute and signed up my entire sales staff for the seminar, not because of the hook but because I realized if he could get me thinking with just that line there were lots of things I could learn from him.

I'm watching some discussion in a thread in the final expense forum. Your statement above gives me an idea for a final expense close-my mind cringes at the thought of "throwing away" a $30 lead, but maybe it would work.

Its ok to say no, I've got several other people to see this week who need burial policies because they are going to die.:cool:

I'm watching some discussion in a thread in the final expense forum. Your statement above gives me an idea for a final expense close-my mind cringes at the thought of "throwing away" a $30 lead, but maybe it would work.

Its ok to say no, I've got several other people to see this week who need burial policies because they are going to die.:cool:

LD, if you end up selling FE, be sure to dumb it down. The Cat Piss Crowd won't know what a lot of those big words mean, that you use. I know I sure don't, and I'm probably smarter than 1/2 of them.:goofy:

Were I to sell FE insurance:
Just wanna set at the kitchin table with Ma Kinsley, complement her on her oatmeal cookies and fit a $5K-$10K life insurance policy into her budget so the little beggars can plant her when she's gone.

If I do a good job, maybe I'll get a referral that goes like,
"Hey Pa, turn off the tv and get your bu&& in here. You need one o them policies this nice young man is selling."

(Seriously for a moment, one of the things I have learned is that I have absolutely no clue about the way to present a $10K life insurance policy--regardless of whether $10K is the premium or the face. Other things need to be done before I get to that concern though.)

Back