Cold Calling is powerful

anna-faris-scary-movie.gif

I don't think it is illegal to call someone and ask them how they are doing, become their friend, maybe invite them to lunch and agree to keep in touch. It is certainly not criminal.
If the ultimate goal is to make a sale of any kind, it’s illegal to call someone on the DNC. It doesn’t matter whether you think it’s illegal. It doesn’t matter whether it should be legal. It only matters that it is, in fact, illegal. As @rousemark said above, if you call the wrong phone, it could also be really expensive!

As far as someone calling me to “become my friend”, I would probably just laugh at that (derisively). One thing I can’t stand is false pretense.

Listen, I’m totally on the side of freedom when it comes to cold (or any other) calling. Business people should be free to call, and recipients should be free to ignore, block, hang up, etc. But if it’s illegal, I don’t do it.

But you do you.

The intention is something hard to prove. You and I can definitely feel it, but it is hard to prove on paper. I have known people in this industry who play language games under false pretense at all times, and I suspect there are tons of them...

The intention is something hard to prove. You and I can definitely feel it, but it is hard to prove on paper. I have known people in this industry who play language games under false pretense at all times, and I suspect there are tons of them...

Wait a minute, I feel like you might be playing language games with me right now while you are explaining to me about the same....,.hmmmmm

Back