Cold Door Knocking (Trying a Script )

DayTimer this is so good I love everything I said thank you thank you thank you

I have seperate phone # for delivery receipts . Reason why I know it’s a receipt calling back . I don’t answer but let it go to the message “ Thank you for calling about your delivery . Sorry we missed you . Please leave your name and # so we can reschedule your delivery “ . When they leave that message if I’m still in the area I shoot right over as I know there home . The problem becomes as I’d say 65% plus call you that night or the next few days . I’m rarely in the same area 2 straight days unless I saturate an area with mail . Like tommorrow I have 50 plus dm leads over a 40 mile area . I’ll hit it hard 2-3 days . Cold knocking straight out is tough . Your going to have much lower persistency as they filled nothing out and will have second thoughts when you leave . Some will call company before it’s drafts and cancel . Remember the whole idea behind a dm lead they had intent and it took effort to fill the card out

Last edited:
I'd hate to cold knock. Agree, you're much better off buying aged DM leads and knocking those.

For your script with knocking aged leads, just keep it simple.

"Hi, Ms. Jones. I'm ____ with ____. Stopping by because we received this card from you requesting information on the new state-regulated programs for _____ residents. Just need a couple minutes to go over this information with you. Where can we sit?"
I don’t know if he can get away with that intro. Remember, he’s cold door knocking and doesn’t have a card.

DonP Now that makes sense also because buyers are liars you can sit with them and think they like you and cancel soon as you leave So the DM makes a lot of sense because chargebacks can work you right out of the business thanks for that info and about the Delivery Notices 2 I will change my Answering machine message to what you said thanks to all of you helping me with this stuff and I will use it I appreciate a whole lot

If he has an Integrity FMO he can download their aged FE dmail leads and print the original card. For around a buck fifty he gets someone that at one point showed interest. Not quite as bad as a cold knock.
I’ve worked aged leads from time to time. The secret sauce for me is knocking the neighbors, too. I’ve sold at least as much to neighbors as I have to the people on the lead card.

Assuming you are selling final expense as you posted this in the senior forum (which is nowhere near as much fun as the final expense forum, but you're new here, and eventually you'll learn) then I'll share how I've done it.

Step 1: Mail 1000 + direct mail pieces though MSPowermail (Main Street Powermail. IMPORTANT: Request they send you a "seed" card. This is a piece mailed to you directly as though you yourself were a prospect. IMPORTANT: Request the actual filled in lead cards to be returned to you. Current cost I believe is $542 ($532 for the 1000 pieces + $10 to have the actual filled out cards mailed to you - the CRM with mapping function that you will need is included in the price of the mailing).

Step 2: Laminate the seed card you received in a heavy laminate cover.

Step 2: Wait for at least 2 or 3 cards to come in (you might only get 2 to 3 cards total - my avg for the longest time was 8 completed lead card, but the last two times I mailed I Only got back 4 and 5 cards respectively)

STEP 3: MSPowermail will load all those who received tha mailer to a CRM with mapping function. Go knock one o fthe leads that was sent in to you, and then also door knock each of the recipients near that address who received the card but non-responded. Start with the address closest to your lead, and work out from there.

"Hi there Miss Mary, I'm Daytimer, and I'm the local agent assigned to help all the retired age folks around here with the new 2023 state-approved final expense programs. I gotta tell ya', Ms Mary, Everyone around here has been real nice so long as I don't take too much of their time. In fact I was just I was just around the corner visiting with Ms Jane. She filled out a card just like this one [show the laminated seed card] and sent it back. The mail being what it is we haven't received yours back yet, but since I'm here anyway I figured I'd stop by and go over your eligibility with you too. You have a place where we can sit down for just a few minutes?"*

*I didn't come up with any of this on my own. I just took good ideas from others who had already done it and put it together in a format that worked very well for me.

I also tried it with the Walmart gift card mailer, and I kept 5 to 10 Walmart gift cards worth $10 each on me. I tried $5, which didn't seem to impress anyone, but $10 got their attention. I'll gladly pay $10 for an FE sit.

For FE, that was the lowest cost of Aquisition I got. In terms of time, knocking a qualified mailing list is much more efficient than going door to door for FE.

Now, if you were selling upper middle-income folks on income replacement term or LIRP's, then door to door in the appropriate neighborhoods is fine.

BNut if you are looking for specifically for low-income seniors, don't go door to door. However, if you have simplified issue products in your pocket that will write ages 0 to 80, then door to door in a low-income area would probably work.

I prefer having a list and 90% or more of the time I have the correct name.

Also, don't ask, "Hi, Miss Mary?"

Say, "Hi there Miss Mary!"

Let her tell you Mary dies and she's her daughter.
Good stuff, David. Back in the days before agents were encouraged to get weekly lead orders, I was taught to get a copy of the mailing list and work that, too. We didn’t have price-per-lead options back then, either. So, we’d do a 1,000 piece mail drop, work the hot leads (the responders) first, then start working through the list. And, as I just said in the post above, we were taught to knock the house next door, too.

my name is _________ with _______, and I have one little question I’d like to ask you; most folks already have their life insurance in place, but if you had an extra $5K or $10K that you wanted to leave to someone who you cared about, or did you a great favor and wanted to do something special for them when your time comes, WHO WOULD THAT PERSON BE?”

Do you use a grid map to take names of those you have knocked?

The threshold is a 3" to 4" empty space that needs to be crossed in order to present a decent presentation. It's also the toughest 3" to 4" you'll ever encounter.

I'm an old door knocker by the way... no names, no cards... just a door.

Do you use a grid map to take names of those you have knocked?

The threshold is a 3" to 4" empty space that needs to be crossed in order to present a decent presentation. It's also the toughest 3" to 4" you'll ever encounter.

I'm an old door knocker by the way... no names, no cards... just a door.
Have Door, Will Knock. :yes:

Back