Cold Doors 2020 - Discussion Thread

lol

And for no particular reason ...

tenor.gif

Any port in a storm!

Go Out in the Cold

Cold doors are a superior method of prospecting, That's right. knock on 100 cold doors and your bound to come up with at least one deal. How would you like to start out in the morning knowing that you'll have at least one deal that day? Everybody would. But everybody is not willing to work for it. The superstar is willing to knock on those doors. Why? Because superstars determine their own destiny. They, and nobody else, are going to decide how much money they're going to make. -Mike Ferry

View attachment 5822
Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what's a heaven for?
from
Andrea del Sarto by
Robert Browning

Are those your personal numbers from 2019?

Most of them are aged hard leads so damn near cold

and a few of them are A leads that I have been unable to reach or I struggled to get them to set appointments by phone (the i don’t know my spouse schedule, etc objectors)

but today I solely knocked aged leads.

I’ll be honest I don’t yet have the cajones or Knowledge (of the laws and such) to go Ice cold knocking.

For a while I was scared shitless to door knock at all. Lied to the manager and told them I was going to do it. Reality is months went by i FINALLY did it then 3 doors in i get attacked by a swarm of insects and had to abort the mission. But after a few days collected myself and went back at it.

Sometimes I prefer knocking because I can get a better read with body language than I can over phones.

The thing that gives me confidence and leverage is showing the lead card with their handwriting.

i always think the people that go cold knocking deserve some awards or something

If you don't mine me asking, who do you buy your aged leads from?

So I am now #3 on the annuity production list, but I have dropped to #20 on the Life commissions list.

My first 1300 mailers went out last Thursday and I got my first one back about an hour ago. The plan is to knock the responders and non-reponders.

Here is a nice feature that Kramer Direct provides (similar to the one available thorugh MS Powermail for FE leads). The red flag is the responder, and the black flags those who received the mailer but not yet responded.View attachment 6052

MSPowermail definitely has a better mapping feature, but this serves its purpose.

Monday I will start knocking this targeted list. Weather looks like it will be in the mid to high 60's, which is perfect knocking weather.

Definitely not on pace for Top of the Table. But I have a good chancing of making MDRT by the end of April. The summer is going to make or break my year. I am wondering how the coronavirus scare might affect folks at the door. It hasn't been an issue yet, but in the county south of me they shut down a school district today.

What do you say to the "non-responders" at the door?

Latest posts

Back