Columbian terminated all downlines under Brad Aden

Macker77

Expert
Not a good start to my Friday! I tried to login this morning and was not. I was thinking it was a simple issue. I called up and was transferred to licensing to find out my upline was terminated. I received no notice or anything. All of my policies are gone and I will not be paid on the as earned or renewals.

Did this happen to anyone else??
What can we do???

Not a good start to my Friday! I tried to login this morning and was not. I was thinking it was a simple issue. I called up and was transferred to licensing to find out my upline was terminated. I received no notice or anything. All of my policies are gone and I will not be paid on the as earned or renewals.

What can we do???
I’ve had an up line terminated in the past (from a different company). I was termed also, but it didn’t affect my comp at all since this company vested comp from day one. Are you sure your comp was affected?

What can we do???

I never have liked Columbian, and now I actually have a reason! LOL

What can we do???

I believe their policy is that agents with less than 20 active policies are not vested and agents with 20+ are. After several years of attempting to promote them we just could never get any agents to write any significant amount of business there and therefore lost the contract.

I have had them for a very long time. The last policies I wrote with them was the GI.

For the guys that write them what is their niche? What are their strengths?

I believe their policy is that agents with less than 20 active policies are not vested and agents with 20+ are. After several years of attempting to promote them we just could never get any agents to write any significant amount of business there and therefore lost the contract.
Yes, they will only pay renewals if there are 20 active policies in force. If you have more than 20 in force, they stop when the policy count drops below 20... This only applies to the FE policies and that is why I seldom write them. I do sell their ordinary product which does not have this onerous requirement to vest renewals... However, it should not come as a shock to any of the agents affected. It is plainly stated in the contract they signed and the agent agreed to it... I never cease to be amazed at agents that sign contracts without taking time to study and understand what they are signing.. :no:

Last edited:
I have had them for a very long time. The last policies I wrote with them was the GI.

For the guys that write them what is their niche? What are their strengths?

Seldom write their FE but their SI term and WL are pretty good. (Different division from the FE and is a different SI term from the FE side)

I wrote their SI term this week....$50K on female age 58 and male age 61.. Both TU. Premium about $180 per month. Accelerated benefits.. Female policy was issued within 24 hours of submission. Male required a telephone interview because of a drug left off the app. he drug was one normally used for diabetic nephropathy which would be a decline. However, he did not have diabetes. Policy issued within 6 hours after the telephone interview was done.. The folks in the HO are very easy to work with. Almost never have to go back tot eh client if something is wrong on the app. Almost everything is handled over the phone with the agent.

Seldom write their FE but their SI term and WL are pretty good. (Different division from the FE and is a different SI term from the FE side)

I wrote their SI term this week....$50K on female age 58 and male age 61.. Both TU. Premium about $180 per month. Accelerated benefits.. Female policy was issued within 24 hours of submission. Male required a telephone interview because of a drug left off the app. he drug was one normally used for diabetic nephropathy which would be a decline. However, he did not have diabetes. Policy issued within 6 hours after the telephone interview was done.. The folks in the HO are very easy to work with. Almost never have to go back tot eh client if something is wrong on the app. Almost everything is handled over the phone with the agent.

Thanks, would you post the specs on this please.

Thanks,

Back