Commission Reductions for ACA ?

The. 15% is done as follows

Month 1 apply lapse %

Repeat for month 2 with new number

Rinse and repeat

Re: Retention? Commission Reductions for ACA ?

im new to the under 65 health market. I have an establish book of business in the Medicare 65 + market and about 20 + agents in my downline. We have extremely high retention at 90% or better. If someone falls off we know about it and most times are the AOR switching them into a new plan. With med supps very seldom do these people fall off the books. We have very good relationships with our clients and than usually call us if there is an issue.

I guess im not understanding is why would you have a large slew of chargebacks if you are putting these people in the most appropriate plan at the most competitive cost? Plus if their situation changes and they need to switch why would they not call you as the AOR to switch them . I prefer to have clients vs just accounts. If you have a real client and have built that trust and relationship you will get referrals and cross selling opportunities. I have over 650 clients so i know from my own experience and have trained my agents to be the same .

We get advances and a extremely low level of charge backs . Its called retention. If you are servicing your clients playing the role more as an adviser than an account opener you wont have these chargeback issues.

With millions more people qualifying for a subsidy should resolve the retention issue that you all seem to be having because there will be less people canceling for the risk of losing their subsidy.

that's why im coming into this market after having great success with medicare . i love the guarantee issue and the subsidy aspect similar to medicare advantage $0 premium plans. but serving your client is the key.

650 apps w 20 agents. I don't know of that's "established". Just saying. I have always allocated a % of revenue to marketing while focusing on COI marketing and referrals. It becomes overwhelming after a while I must say. I loved the day I stopped taking an advance. It was like I made it big time!

650 apps w 20 agents. I don't know of that's "established". Just saying. I have always allocated a % of revenue to marketing while focusing on COI marketing and referrals. It becomes overwhelming after a while I must say. I loved the day I stopped taking an advance. It was like I made it big time!

Advances are valuable until you don't need them is a good mantra!

Back