Company will not let me service existing policies

ranger340

Between five and ten years ago I wrote about thirty IUL policies with Accordia. Serious personal health issues ensued, and I did not write an Accordia (global atlantic) policy for a few years.

Last month I attempted to access the website to check on policies and was told I must re-contract since i had not written a policy in a few years. I submitted the appropriate paperwork and was told that they are no longer accepting new contracting.

Hoping someone here can offer some ideas to check on these polices. Thx.

If you have not had contact with those folks for 5+ years why do you want to contact them now and do you think they will remember you?

Apparently, I was not clear. I sold these policies to friends, neighbors and other clients.
The company is NOT letting me check on these policies. Other than three way calling does anyone have another remedy or can suggest a alternative method? thx.

Other than three way calling does anyone have another remedy or can suggest a alternative method?

That is going to be your best method initially. Once you order the in force illustrations, copies of annual reports, service forms and so on you won't need much from the company going forward out side of claims and up dated forms and service request.

Unless those policies are imploding.

We have all been termed for lack of production from multiple companies.

Apparently, I was not clear. I sold these policies to friends, neighbors and other clients.
The company is NOT letting me check on these policies. Other than three way calling does anyone have another remedy or can suggest a alternative method? thx.

Have friends & relatives show you their anniversary statements as that is what you would be pulling up if you were the servicing rep on the policies

I was going to make a post on this but you beat me to it. I have insureds from 20 years ago that call me to make a simple change from bank account change to beneficiary change. I may not represent the company anymore but I will try to help. The insurance companies treat the request like it is top secret. If I am the original agent what is the problem with sending me a bank account change, address change or beneficiary change form. I am not going to replace a policy 20 or more years ago and if I was I wouldn't need a change form to do that. But when a company won't send me a simple service request form it makes me want to replace the policy.

Between five and ten years ago I wrote about thirty IUL policies with Accordia. Serious personal health issues ensued, and I did not write an Accordia (global atlantic) policy for a few years.

Last month I attempted to access the website to check on policies and was told I must re-contract since i had not written a policy in a few years. I submitted the appropriate paperwork and was told that they are no longer accepting new contracting.

Hoping someone here can offer some ideas to check on these polices. Thx.

I've never dealt directly with Accordia. However, why not contact the home office directly and ask if you can simply become the servicing agent of record, due to the fact that you sold the policies initially. I have no idea if distinguishing between being contracted to "sell" and being "appointed" or contracted to service makes a difference. Equitable/AXA used to do this. So did Hartford. In addition, you should find out if the client writing a letter of authorization would allow you to service the policies. Don't leave any stones unturned and see what might be possible. Good luck!

This won't work. The companies will show that I was the writing agent but unless I am contracted with them they won't let me do any service, which is stupid. I have built relationships with the insureds so if I am still around to provide service the insureds will be more likely to keep their polices.

Back